Help! Really confused about Catalina Island and Casa de Compo

Cruisin' Nanny

We were on the Atlantica two years ago -- Eastern Itinerary and it was wonderful.

We are doing the same trip the end of this month and I am confused.

Last time we stopped at this lovely "beach stop" that had a small shopping area, bar and restaurant with swimming pool, kind of a flea market area and a small arena with a show. It was a lovely day.

Then we sailed to the other stop for a few hours. You booked an excursion that included a show in a small village on the Severon River.

Is Catalina Island the same "beach stop" that we did previously or is it something different?

No, Catalina Island is what Costa calles there "private island". There is only a beach and a few little shops. Costa has a bar-b-que for lunch on the island that is quite nice. It was a great day and if you don't like the beach you will have the entire ship to yourself.

Yes, this is the same place. It is a Great way to get the best of both worlds, Cruising and a Land Vacation.... ENJOY!!

:)

We were on the Atlantica two years ago -- Eastern Itinerary and it was wonderful.

We are doing the same trip the end of this month and I am confused.

Last time we stopped at this lovely "beach stop" that had a small shopping area' date=' bar and restaurant with swimming pool, kind of a flea market area and a small arena with a show. It was a lovely day.

Then we sailed to the other stop for a few hours. You booked an excursion that included a show in a small village on the Severon River.

Is Catalina Island the same "beach stop" that we did previously or is it something different?[/quote']

It is the same stop. I just got off the cruise in January. We stopped at the beach at Catalina in the morning and then in the afternoon we went to Casa de campo where there were shops and different things at the resort.

I really liked the private beach area. So relaxing.

OK when we were at Catalina Island last year there was no pool. Maybe it was closed or something but I asked if there was only a beach (I hate the beach, the ocean is great but I cannot stand sand) and was told by guest services and the guys working on the island that is all there was the few little shops. I know that they had excursions to go to a resort in Casa De Campo, but we didn't go on those. DH and DS went to the beach the entire day.

Thank you all for your information.

The place we stopped at two years ago had a long pier and they ran a jitney service to the entrance way.

Once you passed through the entrance there were shops (selling silver, etc) on one side (about 7 or so shops), a small outside theater, a restaurant/bar with a large pool. On the other side of the restaurant there were a few aisles of flea market vendors.

Surrounding this complex was the beach. Costa did not serve a barbecue lunch. At least we did not see it.

If there is only a beach at Catalina Island then it must be a different place.

Archived