Cozumel - Dzul Ha

FutureFlash

I have snorkeled right in from of the Fiesta Americana, which is about 500 yards south of Dzul Ha. While there isn't much coral formation there, my daughter and I saw plenty of marine life; a moray eel, juvenile angelfish, lemon ray, and other fish. I would have to think that the snorkeling at Dzul Ha would at least be equal to the FA, but in all likelihood, it is better. Looking from the shore, the water is darker blue, which means a rocky bottom which is good for marine growth, not light blue which would mean a sandy bottom which usually isn't very good snorkeling.

You also might post this question on the Cozumel section of the message board for more answers.

Thanks Bruce. By the way, for the photos of the marine life in Cozumel, what did you use for an underwater housing for your C5050?
The Olympus housing for c5050. The PT-015. Ikelite also makes a housing as does Light & Motion, but they are both considerably more expensive, especially the Tetris from L & M since it is machined aluminum.

Even though my wife and I are divers, we only snorkled on our most recent cruise as we were with a large group of non divers.

We had planned to stay at Dzul-Ha for only a couple of hours, then go to Paradise Beach to just hang out.

We ended up enjoying the snorkeling so much there that we stayed all day.

The food and drink there were very good also, as was the service.

Highly recommended.

PS - I also have a PT-015/C5050Z combo - but no strobes yet!

Archived