Private tour in Messina

Childs

My husband and I have booked a private tour with mario Astone in Messina and are looking for other people who might be on the same cruise to join us and share the expense. We are going on Splendida from Genoa on 4th September 2010 and will be in Messina on 9th September, I have been quoted 75Euro each for 2 people or 45Euros each for 4 people. If you are interested in joining us please let me know. Thanks Childs

we are a group of six sailing on the splendida boarding in rome on sept. 3th. I contacted mario last weekend but did not book yet. we would be in messina on sept 9th. we would like to take the tour that includes taromina and the godfather villages. would love to chat with you about the cruise and see if we can get mario to fit us all in. I bet the price would come way down.

My husband and I have booked a private tour with mario Astone in Messina and are looking for other people who might be on the same cruise to join us and share the expense. We are going on Splendida from Genoa on 4th September 2010 and will be in Messina on 9th September, I have been quoted 75Euro each for 2 people or 45Euros each for 4 people. If you are interested in joining us please let me know. Thanks Childs

Hi Childs,

My wife and I would like to join you and your private tour with Mario Astone from Messina on 9th September 2010. We are going on Splendida on 3th September from Civitavecchia.

Hi Annabcurisin, I have been in contact with Mario and he can take 9 so are you 6 in total or 8? If you are 6 and we are 2 then we can go together. I think it will be either E45 or E35 each person. Let me know if this suits you. Also we do not join the ship until 4th Sept. in Genoa. If all works out then we can make contact on the ship. Thanks Childs

This sounds great....as I said we are a party of 6 and we all live in Florida.Since we live so close to the port of miami we have been lucky enough to take advantage of this and go on many cruises. However, all the cruises have been on American ship lines. We booked this last January because of the ports of call but since reading the message board I have my doubts about this decision. Hopefully all will go well and we will not fall off a gangblank or be attacked by rude Italians. My husband and I are of Italian heritage and we have been to Italy and no one has ever been rude to us. Am looking forward to reply.

My husband and I are departing on the Splendida on September 3 as well. I am intersted in learning more about the tour that you've booked with mario Astone in Messina. Is there room for 2 more people and what does the tour include? Thanks.

we are a group of six sailing on the splendida boarding in rome on sept. 3th. I contacted mario last weekend but did not book yet. we would be in messina on sept 9th. we would like to take the tour that includes taromina and the godfather villages. would love to chat with you about the cruise and see if we can get mario to fit us all in. I bet the price would come way down.[/quote

My husband and I would be interested in knowing more about the cost, timeframe of this tour. We board in Rome on 3/9 too. thanks

Hi 1devongal...mario has a tour that includes some of the villages where the Godfather was filmed and some time in Taromina. I have been in contact with another couple that will also be on the same cruise as us. Maybe she can contact mario and see if we can fit two more adults with us. I see that you post from pittsbugh.. if so didyou ask your TA about the water vouchers. I contacted msc directly here in miami and they assured me that the vouchers would be included with our documents. We did not think too much about it until we actually counted up howmuch water we consume per person in 7 days..... my cabin is 10100 and am looking forward to meeting you. We are eating at the first seating. This is the first time we have ever sailed msc. Anyway, if you are interested in this type of tour let us know and we will recontact mario.

Hi Annabcurisin, I have been in contact with Mario and told him there is now 8 of us altogether so he will there to meet as on the 9th September, This is my husbands and myself first cruise so we are very excited. I plan on keeping an open mind on everything as like you I have read a lot of reviews some dreadful some great. I got marios name from one of those reviews and they said it was the best tour of the whole cruise so heres hoping. I will keep your cabin number and like you have opted for the early seating for dinner. So if everything is ok with you I will find you on the cruise our cabin is in the Yacht Club section as I got such a good deal I upgraded should be very interesting. As for the rest of the people who contacted me Mario said he can get another van and take them as well. He contacted me today and said someone has emailed him direct and asked if he could on pass my email address. I will now confirm everything with him. Thanks Childs

Hi 1devongal...mario has a tour that includes some of the villages where the Godfather was filmed and some time in Taromina. I have been in contact with another couple that will also be on the same cruise as us. Maybe she can contact mario and see if we can fit two more adults with us. I see that you post from pittsbugh.. if so didyou ask your TA about the water vouchers. I contacted msc directly here in miami and they assured me that the vouchers would be included with our documents. We did not think too much about it until we actually counted up howmuch water we consume per person in 7 days..... my cabin is 10100 and am looking forward to meeting you. We are eating at the first seating. This is the first time we have ever sailed msc. Anyway, if you are interested in this type of tour let us know and we will recontact mario.

Hello Annabcurisin. I understand that US travelers get one water voucher per cabin per day which we'll receive when we embark (this is noted on my travel documents). Like you, Rog and I (Mary Anne) have cruised through the Caribbean and this is our first European cruise. After reading some of the remarks of earlier passengers, I started to get those creepy feelings about the rude behaviors and wondered if I made a mistake booking this trip. My husband is particularly laid back, but my inner b***h can come out when needed. I guess we'll have to wait to see if this is standard behaviors on these cruises. It sounds as if we are right below you in cabin 10094 and are also on the early seating for dinner. Thanks for the information on Mario and I'll see what we need to do to book.

This sounds great....as I said we are a party of 6 and we all live in Florida.Since we live so close to the port of miami we have been lucky enough to take advantage of this and go on many cruises. However, all the cruises have been on American ship lines. We booked this last January because of the ports of call but since reading the message board I have my doubts about this decision. Hopefully all will go well and we will not fall off a gangblank or be attacked by rude Italians. My husband and I are of Italian heritage and we have been to Italy and no one has ever been rude to us. Am looking forward to reply.

Yes, we are from Pittsburgh. Sorry I should have mentioned that! We're boarding the Splendida on September 3rd in Rome.

Hi again..here is alittletip I found out about months ago on this board. We will find the English Hostess" as soon as we get on board and have her set up tea or coffee at no charge as room service every afternoon. I do not think we will use this service much as we are cocktail people around 4pm but you never know. We are not going to buy drink packages but instead buy a booklet of vouchers for wine and cocktails when we get on the ship. That way we can use them at the pool and bars and not just at dinner and lunch. I think we are going to love this cruise..or hate it. I guess it's all abut attitude and we know what to expect.

Archived