Skagway Excursion help!

robntawn

We will be in Skagway 8/13/05 from 0700-2100. We are taking a helicopter glacier tour (hopefully) in the AM and are trying to find a good afternoon tour as well. The White Pass tour with horse riding through Southeast Tours came highly recommended on these boards, but when I tried to make reservations I was told that they are closed on that day (Saturday). Any other recommendations for an afternoon excursion? The owner recommended the Chilkoot Hike and Float...is that any good? Thanks...

Some good news for you as friends of ours went in to the yukonhorseback with frontier excursions out of Skagway they are also in the yukon on other tours. frontier@aptalaska.net I have read also on the boards that you can rent a car and go directly with yukonhorses.com and save a bit of money. I hope this helps you out.

We took the Yukon horseback and had the best time, Emerald alke and the surrounding area is breathtaking. Also we own horses and I can honestly say they take very good care of their horses which is something for a horse business. good luck

It's hard to believe that Southeast Tours are closed on a day with a cruise ship in port, but I guess anything is possible. You probably wouldn't have make it anyway, because their tour leaves at 10:30 a.m. for the Yukon.

I would check out Yukonhorses.com, as it is the same stable, except I think you have to find your own transportation there and back.

I agree with redrider. We had the best time with Joni and she is so knowledgable about the area and it is beautiful. Emerald Lake is worth the trip.

I don't know which horse back riding excursion Frontier does. I have a feeling it is around Dyrea, but you'll need to check on that.

Frontier has started picking up tours to the Yukon as our friends booked last year and were taken to the Yukon horseback at Emerald Lake via Frontier. The Hammer family reunion booked through Frontier and we heard great things from them, lots of FUN was had by alland Emerald Lk.lives up to its name. Give them a call and maybe they can get you into the area...The best of luck and let us know houw you make out.

Archived