Where to buy cigarettes in Easren Caribbean

I'm pretty sure they don't sell cigs at HMC.

Grand Turk probably isn't going to be cheap about anything....I paid over $6 for a Red Stripe there.

San Juan might be cheaper than the states.

I know, for sure, St. Thomas was way cheaper. I don't remember what they were, but it was cheap. There's a K-Mart near the port where you can buy them.

I believe if you buy booze and MAYBE cigarettes the quanties are different if you buy then at certain ports and I think St Thomas is one of them. The old memory doesn't always serve me well lol

Duty-Free Allowance: Ship itineraries that include any of U.S Virgin Islands: St. Thomas; St. Croix; St. John.

$1600 (retail) of duty-free purchases per person may be spent. Note: of the $1600, no more than $800 can be purchased outside the U.S. Virgin Islands or on board. 5 liters of alcohol per person (21 years or older).

Note: 1 liter of alcohol must be a product of the U.S. Virgin Islands. 5 cartons of cigarettes containing 200 cigarettes each (18 years or older). Note: 4 cartons of cigarettes must be purchased in the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Duty-Free Allowance: Ship itineraries that include any of U.S Virgin Islands: St. Thomas; St. Croix; St. John.

$1600 (retail) of duty-free purchases per person may be spent. Note: of the $1600, no more than $800 can be purchased outside the U.S. Virgin Islands or on board. 5 liters of alcohol per person (21 years or older).

Note: 1 liter of alcohol must be a product of the U.S. Virgin Islands. 5 cartons of cigarettes containing 200 cigarettes each (18 years or older). Note: 4 cartons of cigarettes must be purchased in the U.S. Virgin Islands.

I went to St Thomas last year and never heard of these generous allowances. I was told 2 cartons of cigarettes only:( Is this a new rule? I'm going back in 3 weeks and will def stock up this time.

As far as prices go....St Thomas was pretty cheap....I think $21 for Marlboros. The only other island that was cheaper was St Maarten.

Archived