latitude member

flyers1173

i have a question about the auto service charge and tipping.... just kidding

my question is this....do latitude members get on the ship any quicker than first time cruisers? I'm trying to figure out what time to arrive at the dock! Last year we got there at around 11 and waited about an hour and a half. Im gonna have 4 kids with me this time (last year was just my wife and I)...and I dont wanna keep them waiting to long, but want to be on the ship at noon! We are leaving from NY to Bermuda.

The answer to your question is technically yes. There is a separate line for Latitudes members that is supposed to move more quickly. It's often reported on these boards that the regular line was just as short or even shorter. It all depends on the day you leave, the passengers, and what time the previous cruisers were able to debark.

The bonus of the Latitudes line is that you get a lower boarding number. NCL boards by calling numbers over the loudspeaker and I've always found that my Latitudes number is well below first time passengers.

I went NYC to Bermuda back in April and used the Latitudes line. We arrived at 11am and never even got a chance to sit down in the pier, that's how fast it went. All told, we probably waited 5 minutes for security, 5 more minutes to get checked in, and then made the slow walk (due to the photographers) right over to the ramp!

Good luck!

... The bonus of the Latitudes line is that you get a lower boarding number. NCL boards by calling numbers over the loudspeaker and I've always found that my Latitudes number is well below first time passengers. Good luck!

Are the boarding numbers a relatively new thing with NCL? Our most recent NCL cruise was on the Jewel in 2008 and there was no such thing as boarding numbers. There was a Latitudes Members line but since so many of the passengers were repeat cruisers the Latitudes line was longer than the other line. We got in the shorter line instead and it was still a long wait.

This will be our 5th NCL cruise (and 6th & 7th) and we've never had that boarding numbers procedure in the past so I guess maybe it started last year or this year??

Are the boarding numbers a relatively new thing with NCL? Our most recent NCL cruise was on the Jewel in 2008 and there was no such thing as boarding numbers. There was a Latitudes Members line but since so many of the passengers were repeat cruisers the Latitudes line was longer than the other line. We got in the shorter line instead and it was still a long wait.

This will be our 5th NCL cruise (and 6th & 7th) and we've never had that boarding numbers procedure in the past so I guess maybe it started last year or this year??

Boarding numbers are usually only used for guests that arrive and check-in before the ship is ready for boarding. If you arrive after boarding starts then you normally won't be given a number but can go straight onto the ship. I know I have seen this procedure in New York, Miami & Los Angeles.

Archived