20 something ladies! 7/29/2010

lcurtis87

Hi girls!

So, I'm STILL sore from doing my sprints, but a little less so. Last night I went out to celebrate a friend's birthday, and we went to the Melting Pot.:eek: Talk about a challenge! I think I did FAIRLY well though. We ordered 2 cheese entrees and 2 regular entrees to split between 5 people (some people get both per person, which would be a TON of food!!!).

For the cheese fondue, I tried to use mostly the apples and vegetables for dipping instead of the bread. For the main course we got one pot with the oil and one with the hot broth to cook our meat in... I tried to use mostly the broth so as not to add too many calories. Overall I think I only had 2 shrimp, 2 one inch pieces of steak, 2 small strips of chicken, and a small piece of salmon. It didn't feel like I ate a ton of food, but I know it adds up!

We did end of getting one dessert fondue and sharing, and I did indulge a little ;)... BUT I tried to stick with dipping only strawberries and bananas instead of the cheesecake, brownies, marshmallows, etc. because at least the fruit would be less caloric!!!!

We did end up with 3 glasses of wine each... my downfall. :( I'm a huge wino. I've been doing well having just one glass recently, but I think the girls are a bad influence on me. It's hard when everyone else is sharing the bottle, you know??? :o

I think a big problem I have is that I don't like telling people that I'm on a diet... it's very embarrasing for me, and so I just try to make healthier choices the best I can. When I'm at home it's great, but out to eat, especially SHARED food like fondue, is really hard.

Hey everyone,

I'm doing pretty good on my diet. I'm drinking 2 liters of water a day, doing a lot of walking, and trying to stick to my high protein/low carb diet. Since Monday I've lost 2.4 lbs. I hope I can keep it up. The plan is to try to work this out on my own until October then I'm starting the HCG diet for that whole month. Then in November I'm going to try to maintain all I've lost and get ready for our cruise December 4th!

Weigh in after our first week. How did everyone do???

Welcome, to all the new peeps!

My weigh in is 257.2... thats a loss of 2.8 pounds this week.

So glad we have such a big group now and everyone has all these ideas.

OMG Sara, I hate greek yogurt also! its soo good for you, but so nasty. I hate the tartness and the thick texture.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend, its my bday weekend so today starts Birthday celebrations... girls night tonight!!! Hopefully the Bday doesnt give me too big of a gain.

The only greek yogurt that I like is the Chobani Pineapple. It's actually pretty good and has a LOT of protein. But I agree, it takes some getting used to if you usually have the regular or light yogurt!

I am planning on weighing in on Fridays, so I'll post tomorrow. :)

Ok I need strategies for this weekend - I'm going to an outdoor music concert and everyone brings wine and cheese and fancy picnics. I'm already thinking a big container of cut up fruit, and maybe some veggies and dip? Or even better, veggies and hummus. I have a good recipe for hummus that uses roasted red peppers and no added oil. Just the chickpeas, peppers, tahini paste, some lemon juice, garlic, cumin, and some cayenne pepper I think. I found the recipe on the allrecipes site and it's really very good and healthy - at least the beans give you extra protein/fiber in lieu of ranch dip. ;) I'm sure I'll indulge in some cheese and wine but if I can at least temper my choices with heathly things I'll feel better.

Anyone have anything exciting going on this weekend?

P.S. Edited to add - We're having Burrito Beach for a lunchtime presentationt he interns are giving us... Help! Maybe I'll skip the chips, focus on protein like chicken/veggies/salsa and maybe just one tortilla? Actually, it may not be a make your own taco bar, I think B.B. usually gives us pre-made quesadillas and burritos. Any suggestions on the best choice?

Ok I weighed in this morning and it's 197 :( Wrong direction Mr Scale!!!!!! I have not had bread, crackers, potatos, rice, tortilla's or anything like that in the past 3 days. Wonder why the scale went the wrong way. Maybe I need more water.:confused:

RachieLnnn - whatever they give you take it out of the shell or torilla and make a taco salad out of it. :p

Well it sounds like you didn't do too bad!

I gave in today and had a coke from sonic. I'm such a bad girl. :p

SONIC!!! Oh I love sonic!! I am hooked on the Diet Cranberry Apple Limeades! YUMMY

Hi girls!

So, I'm STILL sore from doing my sprints, but a little less so. Last night I went out to celebrate a friend's birthday, and we went to the Melting Pot.:eek: Talk about a challenge! I think I did FAIRLY well though. We ordered 2 cheese entrees and 2 regular entrees to split between 5 people (some people get both per person, which would be a TON of food!!!).

For the cheese fondue, I tried to use mostly the apples and vegetables for dipping instead of the bread. For the main course we got one pot with the oil and one with the hot broth to cook our meat in... I tried to use mostly the broth so as not to add too many calories. Overall I think I only had 2 shrimp, 2 one inch pieces of steak, 2 small strips of chicken, and a small piece of salmon. It didn't feel like I ate a ton of food, but I know it adds up!

We did end of getting one dessert fondue and sharing, and I did indulge a little ;)... BUT I tried to stick with dipping only strawberries and bananas instead of the cheesecake, brownies, marshmallows, etc. because at least the fruit would be less caloric!!!!

We did end up with 3 glasses of wine each... my downfall. :( I'm a huge wino. I've been doing well having just one glass recently, but I think the girls are a bad influence on me. It's hard when everyone else is sharing the bottle, you know??? :o

I think a big problem I have is that I don't like telling people that I'm on a diet... it's very embarrasing for me, and so I just try to make healthier choices the best I can. When I'm at home it's great, but out to eat, especially SHARED food like fondue, is really hard.

Great job on the melting pot experience. I have never been but it's on my "before 50 bucket list". I LOVE cheese and sure would gain a ton there and feel my ateries hardening before I even started dessert!:p

Ok I weighed in this morning and it's 197 :( Wrong direction Mr Scale!!!!!! I have not had bread, crackers, potatos, rice, tortilla's or anything like that in the past 3 days. Wonder why the scale went the wrong way. Maybe I need more water.:confused:

RachieLnnn - whatever they give you take it out of the shell or torilla and make a taco salad out of it. :p

Maybe you are holding water weight, or gaining muscle? I wouldn't worry about it, next week will be better!

Hi Ladies, I wanna play!! My name is Star I'm 28 and I started losing weight at 241lbs last year. I was 196.5 on Sunday, I didn't weight myself today, but can do it in the morning to catch up! I just started doing a group personal training class and was told that my body fat was 24.9% and my ideal weight should be 170-175 (I'm 5'9) I don't know if I actually believe that, I feel like I should weigh less, but I guess we will see when I get there. I cruise in 15 days, but have another year until the next one. I'm hoping to be looking hot in a bikini for my cruise next year, I have never worn one! Even though I can't wear a bikini this year I'm still happy to be down 45lbs from the cruise last year. I can't wait to compare pictures!

Maybe you are holding water weight, or gaining muscle? I wouldn't worry about it, next week will be better!

Hi Ladies, I wanna play!! My name is Star I'm 28 and I started losing weight at 241lbs last year. I was 196.5 on Sunday, I didn't weight myself today, but can do it in the morning to catch up! I just started doing a group personal training class and was told that my body fat was 24.9% and my ideal weight should be 170-175 (I'm 5'9) I don't know if I actually believe that, I feel like I should weigh less, but I guess we will see when I get there. I cruise in 15 days, but have another year until the next one. I'm hoping to be looking hot in a bikini for my cruise next year, I have never worn one! Even though I can't wear a bikini this year I'm still happy to be down 45lbs from the cruise last year. I can't wait to compare pictures!

I need to loose weight too. We're going on the Epic in a few months and I want my clothes to fit right. This morning I couldn't get on my wedding band :eek:

I didn't weigh in but I'll supply when I get home.

Thanks.

JW

Hi ladies,

Well I'm down 1.4 lbs. I was hoping for a bit more than that, but I'll take it. I think my problems this week were a) wine ;) and b) eating out. I also needed to get another workout in last night, but I was up until midnight cleaning since I have my Aunt, Uncle & Cousin, parents, and sister coming over today, and my Aunt, Uncle & cousin have never seen our place. Oh well, hopefully some of that cleaning burned some calories. I was exhausted when I finally went to sleep!

Good luck to you all!!!

P.S. Any tips for my outdoor concert on Saturday? Everyone brings wine, cheese, baguette, etc. I'm thinking of doing veggies and hummus and a big thing of fruit. I feel like I will need something picnic-friendly with protein though, or that is never going to fill me up, and I want to try to resist the Camenbert as much as possible!!! ;) Maybe some type of bean salad...?

P.S. Any tips for my outdoor concert on Saturday? Everyone brings wine, cheese, baguette, etc. I'm thinking of doing veggies and hummus and a big thing of fruit. I feel like I will need something picnic-friendly with protein though, or that is never going to fill me up, and I want to try to resist the Camenbert as much as possible!!! ;) Maybe some type of bean salad...?

Sam's club has a salsa in the refrigerated section that is really good and pretty healthy as well. Add some black beans, chopped garlic & green onions to it with some healthy chips of your choice. Wha-la! Yummy stuff!

Hi ladies,

Well I'm down 1.4 lbs. I was hoping for a bit more than that, but I'll take it. I think my problems this week were a) wine ;) and b) eating out. I also needed to get another workout in last night, but I was up until midnight cleaning since I have my Aunt, Uncle & Cousin, parents, and sister coming over today, and my Aunt, Uncle & cousin have never seen our place. Oh well, hopefully some of that cleaning burned some calories. I was exhausted when I finally went to sleep!

Good luck to you all!!!

congrats!

For the concert - how about some chicken satay? Lots of protein, its grilled and is easy to eat.

Is it too late to join?

I am 19 (but I'll be 20 by the cruise), and in college. It sucks being around thin girls who don't have to try to be thin. But I am working on it.

Today I weighed in, and am 176lbs. I am trying to get to 155 before January 2nd (CRUISE day!!!)

Is it too late to join?

I am 19 (but I'll be 20 by the cruise), and in college. It sucks being around thin girls who don't have to try to be thin. But I am working on it.

Today I weighed in, and am 176lbs. I am trying to get to 155 before January 2nd (CRUISE day!!!)

I know the feeling! I'm in college too, my roommate is devastated because she just went from a 1 to a 3, I'm having a hard time feeling sympathetic!

Hi ladies,

I am not even close to 20 something, in fact I turn 70 tomorrow, but hey, I still care what I look like!

Last Thursday I weighed in at 193lbs, hoping to lose 20lbs before March 2011 when we go on an 18 day cruise from Fremantle in Australia to Sydney Australia via New Zealand.

How I am hoping to do it? I have sat down with my calorie counter book and Recipe books and worked out 4 meals a day of approximatly 300cals ea meal, we have breakfast, lunch, dinner and desert. I have tried to devise really gourmet meals as I think boredom is the worst enemy and it seems to be working, we are just starting our third week and so far both my husband and I have lost 3lbs ea.

Also, just bought myself a treadmill so from now on I will be walking at least 15 minutes a day, (arthritus of the spine is a problem) so I will keep posting how we go.

Good luck to everyone, we will all be healthier at the very least wont we LOL.

Hi girls,

Well I did decently over the weekend. As you know, the weekends are really hard for me. Thank you for your suggestions for protein-filled receipes at the concert. I ended up making two different types of hummus and brought them with veggies as well as a giant bowl of cut-up fruit. The hummus I made was Spicy & Sweet Roasted Red Pepper and a Jalepeno Hummus. Overall they were very healthy since I made them myself, and I could control what (if any) added fats were added. Lots of chickpeas in there for protein and fiber. Some olive oil went into the jalepeno one to help with the consistency, but the red pepper one didn't need any extra fat except for the tahini paste, which is ground sesame seeds I believe. :)

I did have a smidge of brie :eek: and some crackers, but ate a whole lot less of that stuff than I normally would. Also cut back on the wine (more than normal).

Yesterday, I went to a bridal shower at an Italian restaurant. They had a family-style meal :eek:. I had an iced-tea to drink and only took a small sample of everything. For dinner I wasn't that hungry after all that food at 1-2pm, so I just had a bowl of Special K. Hopefully that will help balance these things out a bit. :rolleyes:

This week my only commitments are birthday drinks for a friend after work on Tuesday. I'm going to only go for the one... at least that's the plan.

Oh, forgot to say that I went on a 2 hour bike ride on Friday night... went over 100 Chicago city blocks so that was quite an accomplishment. :D

Hi Everyone!

My name is Kelly. Like some of you I'm not in my 20's anymore even though I forget sometimes. I'm 31 and 5'7. I have been up and down in weight my whole life. Mostly up. Lost 30 lbs last fall and fell off the weight loss wagon, but only put 8 lbs back on. It was alot easier and faster to gain than it was to lose.

I am going on my cruise to the Southern Caribbean on Oct. 31st. Would like to lose 21 lbs by then. Hopefully at 2 lbs a week I will be able to hit that goal.

Hopefully it is okay to join late. Need some motivation and support. Headed right now to a Zumba class.

Hope you all doing great with your weight loss goals!!!

Kelly

Hey girls. i'm not a 20 something anymore i'm 30! eeek!

anyway, i'd like to join you on here. i've done the couch to 5k program. well, actually im in the middle of it. ive been on week 5 for about 5 weeks now. i just cant seem to do W5D2 well enough to move along. my knees are always killing me and i learned the hard way that resting a day or so between runs essential.

i'm 5'10" and 193 lbs. i'm down 11 lbs from the beginning of May so i'm making progress but i'd really like to be down 20 more lbs by my cruise in the beginning of December

Hi girls,

Well I did decently over the weekend. As you know, the weekends are really hard for me. Thank you for your suggestions for protein-filled receipes at the concert. I ended up making two different types of hummus and brought them with veggies as well as a giant bowl of cut-up fruit. The hummus I made was Spicy & Sweet Roasted Red Pepper and a Jalepeno Hummus. Overall they were very healthy since I made them myself, and I could control what (if any) added fats were added. Lots of chickpeas in there for protein and fiber. Some olive oil went into the jalepeno one to help with the consistency, but the red pepper one didn't need any extra fat except for the tahini paste, which is ground sesame seeds I believe. :)

I did have a smidge of brie :eek: and some crackers, but ate a whole lot less of that stuff than I normally would. Also cut back on the wine (more than normal).

Yesterday, I went to a bridal shower at an Italian restaurant. They had a family-style meal :eek:. I had an iced-tea to drink and only took a small sample of everything. For dinner I wasn't that hungry after all that food at 1-2pm, so I just had a bowl of Special K. Hopefully that will help balance these things out a bit. :rolleyes:

This week my only commitments are birthday drinks for a friend after work on Tuesday. I'm going to only go for the one... at least that's the plan.

Oh, forgot to say that I went on a 2 hour bike ride on Friday night... went over 100 Chicago city blocks so that was quite an accomplishment. :D

You did well - you stuck to your plan and got some exercise in:)

I'm struggling with adding more protein and cutting back to 1200 calories. yesterday was my first real attempt at counting and still went over.

JW

I'm not sure how many of you have an i-touch or i-phone, but I find this application really helpful. MyFitnessPal. It is an easy way to record your food, track calories, water, fat and more. They have a pretty extensive search for foods.

The only thing I don't go off of is that they add the calories burned to your total calories allowed for the day. I was told once by a trainer that you couldn't do that. Calories burned are different than calories consumed.

It is hard for me to get Protein so I started making protein shakes every morning. I use a Whey Protein Mix (Tropical Punch) with either Berry or Mango flavored Naked Juice Smoothies along with some ice. Ends up being around 200 calories with 25 grams of protein. It is really yummy and fast to make.

Hi Ladies,

Would love to join in on this one if I may. I joined a gym back in June and had a gym/accountability partner but she recently moved due to job change. So needless to say, I've been slacking. I'm 26 and 170 (just stepped on scale....although my grocery store said 164... I liked it better), and am cruising in 46days! I would like to loose 10lbs before the cruise (and 40 more later) but don't see that happening in such short amount of time, but I'll take what I can get. Can always get an early start for the next cruise not yet planned! :)

I would love to join this group as well. I'm 29 years old, and my husband and I recently made a huge lifestyle change. We are both over 300 lbs, and we decided that we weren't living for ourselves anymore.

I've joined a Weight Management program at work that affords me the opportunity of gym access 24/7, a personal trainer twice a week for 3 months, and access to a dietitian. I don't know what I'll do when we lose our trainer in 3 months, but I'll worry about that another time.

We made a drastic change in our food habits and we've left behind our sedentary lifestyle. Our goal is to lose enough weight that we can parasail next year in Half Moon Cay (about 9 months away) - which would be 60 lbs for me and 120 lbs for the hubby.

Yesterday I started a blog about this new change for us, and I can honestly say that I'm enjoying it. Writing has always been a great outlet for me, so I can't wait to see how this journey turns out. Good luck everyone! :D

Archived