bed near balcony or not

poppiecat

I think it's a matter of personal taste. I chose our room with the bed closest to the sink (even though some folks have complained about the sink possibly splashing near the bed) but I prefer the area in front of the balcony doors to be more wide open. This configuration also means the sofa is closest to the balcony doors, and I thought it would be nice to chill out on the couch and overlook the water, as opposed to having the bed smack in front of the glass doors.

Hi:

We were on the transatlantic and had the couch near the balcony door.

While it is a matter of personal taste, if I had to do it over again I would have the bed near the balcony door. The head of the bed in the configuration we had was right beside the toilet so flushing in the middle of the night was rather noisy for the person on that side!! Also, the couch was very uncomfortable for sitting so wasn't used much at all (if at all).

DavidTravels

On any other cruise, I would agree that the couch next to the balcony is a nice area to relax with a view or to hang out while someone else is sitting outside. However, with the Epic one has to consider the narrowness of the Epic cabins, the way they "wave" in/out and the sink/bathroom proximity. It seems majority of cruisers who have seen both layouts state the bed by the balcony seems the better of the two.

The couch is rather uncomfortable for sitting and there is no table to prop your feet on, although you can use the stool that serves as the vanity chair. Having it near the sink is better since you have a place to put supplies for toilet/shower, sink, clothes you take off etc., rather than have this land on the bed. It is nice to lie in bed and watch the water and the balcony door can stay open for fresh breezes. A much preferable setup in the wave cabins.

The room with the couch near the door feels less cramped and is easier to navigate. At this very moment I'm in a room with the bed closest the bathroom and my folks are in one that is opposite. I like their layout better. You can get past someone at the sink. You won't spend much time on the couch.

Archived