Any Tips for a Solo Disney traveler

tontok

Hello all,

I just booked my first solo cruise and its on Disney Magic in Sept/2010!!!!! I do not mind being/travelling alone and I have been to some of the ports before.

Any tips that you can give me regarding being a solo on a Disney trip would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Marina

Carefully read the Navigator paper because it will have a place and time for solo or single people to meet up. Usually with snacks.

Once you get aquainted its fun to run into each other around the ship.

Also you will be seated with others at dinner, so good chance fo making a friend there too.

Dont be shy, hang around the adult pool too for chit chat with others.

Even though its not just for solo crusiers there is a tip thread at the top of this forum page, please take the time to read through it. It may have some tips to help you have a more memorable cruise.

Also look for your cruise date on the Roll Call threads here (link at top of page). Post there to get aquainted with others on your crusie. You can even link up your dinner with some of them if they want to so your not eating with strangers.

If you dont see your cruise date, then start a meets thread yourself and others will find you :D

Kathy

First and foremost, make absolutely certain that DCL does not accidentally seat you with a family reunion for your dinner rotation! Out of my last 12 Disney cruises (Magic / #13 coming up this Dec. 4th) with the majority of them solo, that was my ONLY uncomfortable (and sometimes miserable) cruise.

Aside from that, do whatever you like, when you like, and ENJOY! :D

Archived