What furniture is on the balconies?

Plummy

Reading one of the postings it was suggested that the balconies on the Navigator were too small to do much other than watch the waves. We have a Navigator suite booked on deck 9 and were hoping to eat breakfast etc out there. Is this possible in terms of space? What furniture do they provide on the balconies? We will be in Alaska so do they provide blankets/wraps?

Many thanks

Rachel

2 standard lawn (not lounge) chairs and a smallish table. Easy for coffee and drinks. A bit awkward for a full meal. We had a blanket in our cabin, i'm sure your cabin attendant would get you more. Or just grab one from the pool deck.

2 standard lawn (not lounge) chairs and a smallish table. Easy for coffee and drinks. A bit awkward for a full meal. We had a blanket in our cabin, i'm sure your cabin attendant would get you more. Or just grab one from the pool deck.

Thanks that is really useful to know :)

I have a slightly different opinion of the balconies on the Navigator. Breakfast on the balcony is a wonderful thing to do! Having enough room was not an issue. However, rather than getting blankets to wrap around you, wearing a few layers of clothing may be more comfortable. Not sure when you will be in Alaska -- we were there 2 months ago. . . . it is not that cold in the summer. If it were raining, it would be more difficult to sit on the balcony. We overpacked warm clothes on our first Alaska cruise and cut back considerably this year. The most we needed was three light layers of clothing in the early morning.

Have a good cruise!

However, rather than getting blankets to wrap around you, wearing a few layers of clothing may be more comfortable.

But then I would have to get dressed - I am on holiday and intend to make full use of my bathrobe!! :p

• 2 weeks later...

If you'e going to be in Alaska in the Fall, be prepared to dress warmly on the balcony. You could get lucky with the weather, but more than likely it will be a bit chilly, especially in the morning and while underway at sea. A bathrobe will definitely need a blanket cover - all Alaska cruise lines provide them, I would imagine.

But then I would have to get dressed - I am on holiday and intend to make full use of my bathrobe!! :p

I loved wrapping up in those soft, wooly blankets on our balcony! Even out on the pool deck (dressed lol), we would wrap up in them when it was chilly to have lunch outside or just watch the scenery. Too fun with a hot chocolate...or stronger. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived