Carnival Legend (Spirit Class) "Premium" Balconies

Jacquelyn11

I'm in the planning stages for an end of May 2011 cruise on the Legend. I've been on the Miracle in a Cat 11 suite and on the Pride in a regular balcony. With older teens now the quad cabin is out an we need to book a balcony and an inside cabin.

Was on an Corner Aft Balcony on the RCCL Freedom and am now a "aft snob"! BUT would not be adverse to one of the LONGER side balconies in the Spirit class.

The balcony I'm looking for:

1 - Needs to be covered the majority of the time. (lower ship levels)

2 - Have at least 1 lounge chair.

3 - be able to fit 4 adults around a 3X3 camp table.

My Questions:

Do the true aft balconies (the 8M and 8N) have twice the depth of a regular balcony but the same width? Do you get any breeze at all?

Are the longer balconies just hallway size? Covered at all?

I'm initally looking at 7258 or 60 (longer) OR 7300, 7349 (true afts). Both have a grouping of inside cabins nearby.

Any Pics/Advice will be most welcome!

Jacquelyn11

I can't help much, but I wanted to say that I believe 7260 is a wheelchair-accessible cabin, so if you book that one, you may risk being moved.

(I remember reading this when we were booking 7258 for our cruise in a few months. I believe I also read that 7258 is the only one of the long 8Ks that is for two people only, so no risk of being bumped for a group of four or for someone who needs special access.)

We stayed in 7258 last week. It was shaded most of the time and had one lounge chair, three regular chairs and two end tables. You can google "Legend 7258" for pictures. I'm not sure about the 3x3 table with a chair on each side-that might be tight, but I'm not sure.

With using time share points to "pay" for the cruise it will be cheaper to go with a quad vs 2 cabins.

NOW, the 9B quads are available (6279, 7301) as well as 6232 the LONG balcony regular cabin.

For those who have stayed in these, which would you choose?

Jacquelyn :D

With using time share points to "pay" for the cruise it will be cheaper to go with a quad vs 2 cabins.

NOW, the 9B quads are available (6279, 7301) as well as 6232 the LONG balcony regular cabin.

For those who have stayed in these, which would you choose?

Jacquelyn :D

I have not stayed in any of these rooms but have booked 7258 on the Legend and have heard it has a great balcony. I think 6232 has the same balcony but sleeps 4.

I had 7258 on the Legend on a cruise with my mom and sisters. My sister is a stroke survivor and had 7260, my other sister and nieces were in 7256. Here is a shot from the balcony door of 7258 looking toward 7260 to give you an idea of coverage and the chairs we had.

2399457940064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Archived