Kealakekua Bay-snorkeling

Sherinlad

Thanks to your recomendations my DH and our friends have booked a Shogun Combo charter. The guys want do the whole day fishing of course, and are supposed to stop at Kealakekua Bay for lunch and snorkeling for a couple of hours.Us girls want to try snorkeling, but anen't sure about spending the whole day on the boat. My friend and I wondered if we are going to rent a car while we are there what are the chances that we could get to the bay to meet them? Also, if we can get there in a couple of hours or less what else is nearby? any gardens? Did I see somewhere that the painted church is nearby? TIA, Sheryl:)

The problem is that there's no dock nearby so you wouldn't be able to get on the boat even if you met them there. Also, the best part of Kealakekua Bay is away from shore towards the Capt. Cook monument and there's no road access to the area.

Spleen

Thanks Spleen, knew you'd come through. Guess we'll have to bring along something to amuse ourselves, and just enjoy the view.

Lando, we booked for the 4th, the day we get to Kona, so that we are not rushing to get back to the ship. Maybe that was a mistake, if we went on day 2 we'd have to take a shorter charter.:rolleyes: I did notice on the other board that you are interested in doing the charter as well and will check with my hubby and friends if they mind some company, if you are interested in joining us. It looks like there are 4 of us, since we can't meet up for snorkeling.

That is the day my future wife and I would love to go on. So count us in PLEASE, it will make it cheaper for everyone :) !! I know Mary from the other Meet and Mingle thread also wanted to go but I think the boat limit is 6? What tour exactly did you book? 8 hour?

Hello! Lando, we have booked another charter. We know it was important to you to book Shogun, so if you can get on that charter, there is no concern about how many people can go.

If you wish to join us, I have left the website address of our charter on the Meet and Mingle thread. You are most welcome if things don't work out with Shogun. We would only go with one more couple, to make it four.

If you wish to email me regarding this, that is fine, too.

MMCMAHAN04@AOL.COM

Mary

Hi, I'm not ignoring you Lando, I couldn't get on the boards at all last night. My DH is away 'til tomorrow. I'm going to be seeing our friends that we're cruising with tonight. will try to remember to ask them, and get back to you tomorrow or monday.

Archived