Questions for recent Star cruisers

nanak915

Can anyone who sailed on the Star to Alaska this summer answer a few questions for me?

1. Are there robes in the balcony cabins? (I want to know if I need to pack one)

2. Are there coffeepots in the balcony cabins?

3. Did they offer the laundry special and on what day was it offered?

4. Can anyone tell me the cost of a shampoo/blowdry/curling iron styling in the spa's beauty shop? Also, were you pleased with the way they styled your hair?

Any info you can give will be greatly appreciated. Only 17 more days until we leave. Can't wait!!!

Sailed on the Star last month. Can't answer all your questions, but here is what I can share...

1. Are there robes in the balcony cabins? (I want to know if I need to pack one) When we boarded, no robes. Surprised to find them when returned to our cabin on Tuesday evening.

2. Are there coffeepots in the balcony cabins? We had a coffee pot (though we never used it.)

3. Did they offer the laundry special and on what day was it offered? They did offer a laundry special later in the cruise, but I don't recall what day.

4. Can anyone tell me the cost of a shampoo/blowdry/curling iron styling in the spa's beauty shop? Also, were you pleased with the way they styled your hair? Didn't use the beauty shop, but did have an excellent massage on our first sea day. Cost was about $150 for a 50-minute massage after the "service charge".

Can anyone who sailed on the Star to Alaska this summer answer a few questions for me?

1. Are there robes in the balcony cabins? (I want to know if I need to pack one)

2. Are there coffeepots in the balcony cabins?

3. Did they offer the laundry special and on what day was it offered?

4. Can anyone tell me the cost of a shampoo/blowdry/curling iron styling in the spa's beauty shop? Also, were you pleased with the way they styled your hair?

Any info you can give will be greatly appreciated. Only 17 more days until we leave. Can't wait!!!

Sailed on the Star on July 24. We were in an AE suite, so the balcony cabins might not have the same amenities.

1. Yes. Nice thick ones.

2. Yes. It was more like an espresso machine. We're not coffee people so we didn't use it.

3. Twice. I think either Tuesday and Thursday or Wednesday and Friday. First day was 24.99 and second day was 19.99.

4. Not a clue. Too busy look at nature to spend time in the spa.

Archived