Redeeming "Fun Points" for OBC was a very satisfying process.

fig414

I know the old CCL/Barclays process was supposedly a pain. I was so happy getting my OBC with just a few clicks. It may not be the greatest deal of all time as far as rewards go but we got what we were looking for and it was a breeze.

I know the old CCL/Barclays process was supposedly a pain. I was so happy getting my OBC with just a few clicks. It may not be the greatest deal of all time as far as rewards go but we got what we were looking for and it was a breeze.

You should have waited,put your purchases on your sign and sail card and then you would get double points, then apply for the credit.

Thanks for posting this! I love a lot of things about the Barclay Carnival card. Besides the paper bill, they email me a reminder before a payment is due. Then they email me when the payment is received and posted.

I haven't yet redeemed any points (I'm saving mine :D), but many people have posted here that it is very easy to do and much better than the previous Carnival credit card. There was evidently a period of time when switching from the old card to the new card that some posters had trouble redeeming points. I think those issues have since been resolved.

A previous poster mentioned getting "double" points so I will expand on/explain that for people not familiar with the card. For all charges on the card, you get one point for each dollar spent. But for Carnival purchases, you get two points for each dollar spent. So you could have paid your onboard charges with your Carnival card (which would get you TWO points for each dollar spent), and then come home and apply those points to your onboard charges.

Thanks, thats good to know because I'm getting ready to use my points , not enough for a cruise but gonna get 2 robes and the gym bag. What did you get??

Thanks, thats good to know because I'm getting ready to use my points , not enough for a cruise but gonna get 2 robes and the gym bag. What did you get??

We got $300 On Board Credit. That will cover the Chef's Table and a night in the Steakhouse

and plenty to spare....

Hi, Last January my husband an I used our points for a quick 4 day to the Bahamas as well as $200.00 in OBC. We tried to see if we could make it on the OBC and not have any out of pocket expenses. We did it, that felt great.

As mentioned above, we were one of the first to use the points after the switch to Funpoints and had a bit of a struggle getting them used for the cruise, but, everyone I had to work with in customer service worked well with me to get that straightened out.

Hopefully, this coming winter I will have enough points to try it again!!!

Archived