Smuggle alcohol on to Marco Polo

Mave 20

Saving L500 must involve drinking close to L1,000 worth -- must have been a delightful trip: swilling cheap liquor in your cabin. Could have saved (and drunk) more by staying at home and not wasting all that money on fare.

Without adding to the moral/ethical debate. You did notice that the L500 was for a 6 week trip, not a 7 night (or 10 or 14 or even 21), right? Heck, there are members here who talk about their $1,000 bar bill at the end of a 10 night cruise. Does the fact that they purchased their alcohol onboard make it acceptable to be "swilling" and perhaps drunk for the duration?

I hardly think it sounds as if anyone was swilling in this case and we have no idea if it was "cheap" liquor. Those were rather sweeping (and snarky) generalizations, I think. Certainly I understand that you and others have very strong feelings about people who sneak alcohol onboard. We don't do it for several reasons, but we also don't lecture or put down those who do.

beachchick

I find this whole thing very interesting. As an old bartender I look at this differently. By the OP's post, they would need 11+ bottles of booze to supply their 2 drinks per day per person assuming they poured a "nice" drink, 1.5 oz. A little heavier than a bar would. Where would I ever put 12 bottles of booze is beyond me!!:D I barely have room for my gear!!!

The cost aboard ship for these drinks should have been a little over $1000, and my cost at $20 per bottle (cheap booze) would be about $240. About $750 savings.

This cruise shows a price of between $15,000 and $58,000 per couple. For that price I think I would just spend the $750 and not lug around 12 bottles in my luggage. That's just me though. Your mileage , may vary. :p:p

Archived