Itinerary Revision - Sept. 11th Sailing of Fantasy

Chief Cruiser

I just noticed there has been a revision of the September 11th sailing of the Carnival Fantasy out of Charleston. :eek: I don't know exactly when it changed, but I know it has changed since I last looked at it on Carnival's website. The itinerary has basically been reversed. It originally was scheduled to be Sea Day, Sea Day, Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Nassau, and then back into Charleson. Now, it is Sea Day, Nassau, Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk, Sea Day, Sea Day, and back into Charleston.

To me, it doesn't matter, but because the arrival dates AND times have changed, if you have booked shore excursions either through Carnival or on your own, those will now have to be reviewed to see what changes will have to be made due to the change in itinerary.

I don't know if Carnival is planning on letting everyone booked on that sailing know about this or not. I know they have the right to change the itinerary, etc and that's no problem for me since I don't have any shore excursions booked. But it sure would cause me some heartburn to know they didn't let me know in time to change any that I had booked.

Just throwing this out for info sake. :D

We received an e-mail last week regarding the change. We like the new schedule!! :D

Actually, I like the two sea days better at the end than the beginning myself. Maybe I'll get a notice this week, but as of today (8-16), I haven't heard a thing from Carnival. :confused:

Actually, I like the two sea days better at the end than the beginning myself. Maybe I'll get a notice this week, but as of today (8-16), I haven't heard a thing from Carnival. :confused:

Are you sure? Their emails look a lot like spam...

I think if you have excursions booked through Carnival, they will automatically change to the new dates?

But if you have excursions booked through a private company, you will need to contact them to make the change.

I am not speaking from personal experience, just from what I have read here, and on other boards.

Happy Cruising!!!!

DH likes the 2 sea days at the end too. I just like that we get to do GT last. Have been to Nassau NUMEROUS times :eek: Don't really care if we go there or not!

DH likes the 2 sea days at the end too. I just like that we get to do GT last. Have been to Nassau NUMEROUS times :eek: Don't really care if we go there or not!

I heard not going to Nassau! Nassau is to cruising what Atlanta is to flying. You just about can't cruise or fly anywhere without going through either one! :mad: I should be able to claim it as a second home on my taxes!!! :rolleyes:

I heard not going to Nassau! Nassau is to cruising what Atlanta is to flying. You just about can't cruise or fly anywhere without going through either one! :mad: I should be able to claim it as a second home on my taxes!!! :rolleyes:

I agree, and since our son who has never been on a cruise will probably want to go ashore...we will :cool: If it was just DH and I, we would enjoy a day of relaxation! All is good...

I agree, and since our son who has never been on a cruise will probably want to go ashore...we will :cool: If it was just DH and I, we would enjoy a day of relaxation! All is good...

My wife and I generally spend an hour or so at the flea market shopping for a couple of goodies and then it's back to the ship for a swim and mostly undisturbed R & R!! It is almost like having another sea day. :D

Archived