Caribbean Princess Questions

levonfan

Getting married next March and we are considering taking a cruise on the Princess. It goes out of San Juan and looks like it would be a good tour. We just went on a cruise on Liberty of the Seas Royal Caribbean and it was amazing. My fiance has been on a couple other cruises and said that was the best ship ever. Do any of you know how the Princess compares?? How is the service? We are looking at getting a suite since it will be our honeymoon.

For the most part the two lines are pretty similiar. I think Princess' MDR food is slightly better but the buffet is much better than RCI. The specialty restaurants are excellent on RCI, Princess is very good. Service is almost equal however I find the Princess staff a little bit more friendlier. Entertainment is better on RCI, although Princess has a better variety. The cabins are RCI are bigger. If you love Royal, I think you will also love Princess.:)

Never been on RCI but have sailed Princess quite a few times and the Carribbean Princess 3 years ago. I feel Princess is very upscale compared to some of the other lines. RCI seems like more of a family line so if you want a more romantic experience Princess may be a better choice just for that. Me and my fiance were thinking about getting married on board a Princess cruise but US Army duties came calling so those plans got put on hold.

We were married on the Caribbean Princess and have sailed in two suites on her. We both love the ship and have always enjoyed our time on her. R415 and D736 were the suites we stayed in. D736 has a much bigger balcony and we would probably book that one if we stayed in a suite again, although we loved them both.

A few things we like on Princess:

Fresh water pools

Adult only pool

Muster drill inside - not out in blazing sun

Piano Bar - have always found wonderful entertainment there

International Cafe

Fresh Hot cookies

Sanctuary - adults only area

Wonderful service

Pub Lunch

Congrats on your upcoming wedding and enjoy whatever cruise you book!

Archived