mont-st-michel tour choices

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wineasmusic:
need a recommendation on whether it is best to do the ship tour or a private tour. Would you benefit by spending more time there than the cruise tour does?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MSM can be done with a ships tour as far as time goes even if you climb all the way to the top.If your port is St. Malo though you may want to do a private tour as walking around the walled city of St.Malo is a treat IMHO.MSM is at it's best when you stay there for the night and all the tourist are gone,but since this is not an option seeing it as you drive up is a treat by itself.The abbey at the top is fine,but the winding streets up to it are filled with touristy shops and places to eat,some ok some not.I would weight the cost of private VS ships tour and the time to see both places and then decide.Hope this helped a little.

Karen
Ü

Hi Karen. I live in Silver Spring. Anyway, I just wanted to second what you wrote about Mont St. Michel - We stayed there overnight last year on a land trip and it was wonderful. Tons of people there during the day, but so eerily quiet at night! I loved it. Obviously wineasmusic has no choice, but she'll just have to go back....

• 4 years later...
[quote name='roothy123']Hi Karen. I live in Silver Spring. Anyway, I just wanted to second what you wrote about Mont St. Michel - We stayed there overnight last year on a land trip and it was wonderful. Tons of people there during the day, but so eerily quiet at night! I loved it. Obviously wineasmusic has no choice, but she'll just have to go back....[/quote]

We arranaged one of LeHarve Taxi's tours to MSM and it was wonderful. We got there before all the other tours from the ship and spent as much time as we wanted and then headed to the coast and some of the most wonderful seaside towns. We plan to use Le Harve Taxis again next spring for the Normandy circuit..

Archived