Review of Equinox Cruise 6 August 2010

Januarysent

Thanks Januarysent! I have now read your complete post twice - love the detail.

One question. You said that you went from the Airport to Rome via a train. The question I have is regarding times the train operates. Could you give me information or advice about where I can find the times that trains operate from the Airport into Rome?

Thanks so much.

The train is called the Leonardo Express. Trenitalia.com is the site for you.

The service is non-stop from Fiumicino Airport to Roma Termini, the central station in Rome. Trains depart every 30 minutes the first being at 5:52am from Rome to the airport, and the first being 6:36am from the airport to Rome. The last departure from the airport to Rome is 11:36pm and from Rome to the airport is 10:52pm.

Januarysent

Thank you Januarysent for sharing your excellent comprehensive review with us. I am saving a link to it for future refence, as I am guessing many other readers will do too.

We also travel with hand luggage for the reasons you mention above and because we prefer to keep all our valuables, medications and other necessities with us, as well as inflatable pillows, our small computer and headsets, snacks, water bottles and hand sanitizer for the airplane. However, we do not find it a struggle to carry it around because we very seldom need to carry anything.

If I may offer a suggestion for future trips:

By using rollaboards for your 22 inch cases, you can just pull up the handles and wheel them right along wherever you go. Our backpacks and shoulder bags slip over the handles so that they ride on the back of our rollaboards piggy-back style and we have nothing to carry. When we bring a jacket or coat along, we fold it across the top of the rollaboard before adding the smaller bag, which holds the coat in place so it doesn't slip off.

It is a very easy way to travel. Whenever we stop to browse in shops or purchase a snack at a concession stand or use a telephone or bathroom, we have both hands free and nothing on our backs or shoulders weighing them down. We have been traveling to countries around the world this way for well over 30 years.

Exactly, but we had a lot more to carry on our way back, which made it a bit trickier.

Januarysent

Thanks for the wonderful review, have to say, you're a better Mom than I, if I cruised with a teenager, my review would have said, "They finally cut me off at the bar, as I drank myself into oblivion, as I was in charge of a 16 yo" :D Ok, I'm only kidding, no flames please! Again, thanks for the review, very helpful, we'll be on the E. Med cruise next year.

I am glad it was of help.

Have a lovely cruise.

Januarysent

I have also just finished a review of this trip - not quite as detailed though:)

Oh and we were on the same flight back to London. BA annoyed me a lot with their rigidity about getting that check-in started. Ridiculous because the other side of security is far more enjoyable..we actually sat in the Arrivals area for most of our time at MPIA as it was quieter, had more seating and better washrooms.

Blah - I hate flying.

Good tip for anyone going through Marco Polo Airport - go to Arrivals rather than Departures whilst waiting to check in.

Thanks for letting me know, but I think it will be a long time before I go back to that dreadful airport.

Januarysent

January,

Thank you for the detailed and unbiased view of the Equinox and your cruise.

My lovey, Ken, and I will be on the Equinox in November and while I am not completely new to =X=, I am still a "baby"! LoL

Your description of the boat, the drinks package, and your experience with the staff were what I appreciated the most. You have made me feel calm about my upcoming vacation.

Have a great cruise.

Januarysent

Archived