Viking - Budapest to Nuremburg

MsBatt

We are looking at taking this itinerary with Viking next June as our first river cruise. We would also add several days for Prague. Thought I would see if anyone has something to say from a recent trip.

We did this cruise with Avalon a couple of years ago except that we did Prague at the beginning as part of the itinerary. I would highly recommend Prague either before or after you cruise, which way you do it is a matter of personal preference, and i would also suggest that you coordinate the land extension with the cruise since it simplifies things greatly as far as transfers and hotels. I assume that Viking has such a program; if not look at Avalon.

We are looking at taking this itinerary with Viking next June as our first river cruise. We would also add several days for Prague. Thought I would see if anyone has something to say from a recent trip.

I am sure you will enjoy reading the travel logs at thepreismans.com. They have an exellent account of their river cruise on the Danube on AMA Waterways Amalyra - May/June 2009 from Budapest to Nuremberg and with lots of photos too.

We did the Amsterdam to Budapest last Christmas/New Year and really enjoyed it.

Belaire;)

We just got back from a river cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam with Vantage Travel. They have a cruise called Danube Odyssey from Budapest to Nuremberg with an optional trip to Prague also. You might want to check them out also.I would suggest booking an A1 cabin with the French Balcony. It is not that much more expensive.

The story of our trip is on our website

http://home.mindspring.com/~highlandpark/

Archived