ALL NEW! Everything Explorer of the Seas! Come on in!!

Don't get too hung up on picking port or starboard. One year we had a starboard side corner aft and the next year a port corner aft. Both times we were docked with our side away from the pier.

One side faces the Kings Wharf pier and the other side faces water with the shore in the background. You will not be looking at just a water view. The side away from Kings Wharf can be interesting because you will have a great view of all the ferry and boat traffic coming in and out of the pier area.

The Explorer has a giant indoor hot tub in the fitness center. You walk down steps with a handrail instead of climbing over the side into it. I don't know if this qualifies as a therapeutic soaking pool, but my elderly mother loved this hot tub because she could safely go down a few steps with the handrail and just sit. There is also a sauna and steam room in the ladies locker room.

• 1 month later...

Having been in a Junior Suite on Explorer, one of the perks is that it has an ample space walk-in closet. At the time, we had 4 persons booked in our room and the closet served quite well as an additional space for a changing room. Also, it was quite nice to have the extra floor space and sitting room area near the balcony, not to mention that the balcony is larger. If you're booking for more than 2 people and for 7 nights or longer, I'd recommend a JS. Otherwise, a D1 balcony is rather nice for 2 people and shorter trips.

• 2 weeks later...
Are the Jr. Suites the only staterooms that will accommodate 4 people? Other than the family ocean view rooms? Would like a room that will sleep 4 but must have a balcony.

Thanks

The only balcony cabins that allow four people do so with a sofa bed for two. The sofa beds are relatively large, but I think they are uncomfortable. My DD didn't mind, but I'd have trouble sleeping on them, especially with two people.

The only balcony cabins that allow four people do so with a sofa bed for two. The sofa beds are relatively large, but I think they are uncomfortable. My DD didn't mind, but I'd have trouble sleeping on them, especially with two people.

Thank you for answering this for me. As much as I wanted the balcony, I may have to look into the family ocean room. Trying to make this a surprise Christmas cruise and paying for it myself:eek:

Archived