Medano Beach with Young Child

bcnorth

Hello everyone, I find all the information on these boards so helpful, thank you for all the wonderful ideas and advice.

I know that there are many water activites along Medano Beach and that you are able to sit down at some of the bars/restuarants along the beach, but my question is, which bar/restuarant would be the best for us when we have a six year old with us? We are just interested in having some good food, playing in the sand, having a place to sit that we could get drinks and also have the opportunity to use wave runners or other water toys. I have heard the following places are good choices: The Office, Tabascos, Baja Cantina, etc... we have never been to the west coast of Mexico only the east coast so any help would be appreciated. :D

Hello everyone, I find all the information on these boards so helpful, thank you for all the wonderful ideas and advice.

I know that there are many water activites along Medano Beach and that you are able to sit down at some of the bars/restuarants along the beach, but my question is, which bar/restuarant would be the best for us when we have a six year old with us? We are just interested in having some good food, playing in the sand, having a place to sit that we could get drinks and also have the opportunity to use wave runners or other water toys. I have heard the following places are good choices: The Office, Tabascos, Baja Cantina, etc... we have never been to the west coast of Mexico only the east coast so any help would be appreciated. :D

I would stay away from Mango Deck and Billygans with young children. Lots of spring break type drinking games etc and very loud at those 2.

I would also take a regular taxi rather than a water taxi since you have to get off and then back on the water taxi in a few feet of water. If it is rough that day, this can be tricky. I have seen lots of people get hurt or fall out of the water taxis.

The regular taxi will drop you off on a small street between Baja Cantina and Mango Deck. If you don't want to walk far, go to Baja Cantina. If you feel like walking head to the left and past the Office, and Billygans. There you will find the Medano Beach Club, Sand Bar and Tabascos all which will be fine for kids.

Have fun!:)

Medeno beach club, tobascos and the Sand bar, are these restaurants on the beach that allow you to use the beach also.

Is there a cover or do you just walk in go on the beach.

Never been here and looking for info we sail in two weeks.

Also how far from teh ship by land taxi?

Thanks

Medeno beach club, tobascos and the Sand bar, are these restaurants on the beach that allow you to use the beach also.

Thanks

All beaches in Mexico are open to the public. there is no cover charge, but if you use the restaurants chairs or lounges, they expect you to spend money. They cannot charge you to use the beach.

I would roughly estimate the distance from the pier at a mile or less. Many people walk to Medano from the pier. If the water is smooth, the water taxi is a good choice. You can see Medano from the ship when you anchor, and maybe you can judge how rough the surf is before you tender in to the marina.

Thanks

Medano beach is the large public beach in Cabo lined with resorts and beach bars- all of those listed above allow you to use their lounge chairs with no cover as long as you buy something. All three of those have great food and prices. It would be a long, hot walk from the tender pier, probably about 2 miles- You would have to walk all around the marina and then cut over on the road at the far end and walk another 2-3 blocks over and then down 1 block. Much easier to hop in a cab for $10 each way. It is about a 10 minute cab ride.

Archived