Great Stirrup Cay - Wave Runner Tour

leslierx

Hey - has anyone done this tour yet? I think it is new. Sounds fun!

Here is the info from NCL's website:

Port: Great Stirrup Cay

Take a 45-minute guided adventure through the Berry Islands, neighboring Great Stirrup Cay. After a safety briefing and orientation, you’ll board your Wave Runner for an informative and exciting guided tour. Some of the sights you may see include the Lighthouse at Great Stirrup Cay, Slaughter Harbor and the abandoned island community of Cistern Cay. Note: Price is per water craft and not per person, so only one person in the party needs to book this tour. There is a maximum of 2 guests per water craft, driver and rider. Drivers must be at least 18 years of age with a valid driver’s license. Minimum age to drive is 16 years with a valid driver’s license and must be accompanied by an adult rider. A rider must be at least 8 years old to participate. All riders between the ages of 8-18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. The maximum combined weight must not exceed 450 lbs. All participants will be required to complete two separate liability release forms and are required to wear USCG approved life jacket and wet suit.

This excursion is $149 for both the driver and rider, and there is also one for $99 for driver only with no rider.

Well - it might be clearer by reading it on ncl's website. There are 2 different options. The first one is for a 1 person jet ski $99. The second option is for a 2 person jet ski $149 (price is for the jet ski - not per person, so the 2 person jet ski would be $74.50 per person). Does that make it clear? :rolleyes:

No - it is a TOUR so only those who paid will get the wetsuit and life vest and be allowed on the tour of the nearby islands. I assume there will be a tour guide leading the way. It is not just get on jet ski's and ride around in circles for fun - it is a tour of neighboring islands etc....

I just booked this excursion for 9/14. Sounded fun to me also, would love to hear from someone who has experianced it.

Me too - well - I don't go till December - so I will wait patiently for your review this month!

Just got back on Friday and I book the waverunner excursion.

It's $149.00 for two people on one waverunner and $99.00 for one person.

You have three guys with you one in the front, one in the middle and one in the back trailing everyone.

They take you all around the island then make a stop to show you a gaint see star and a crunch that they pickup from under the water.

Awesome excuersion well worth the money.

Hope this helps.

It sounds great! Could you see the lighthouse on the island? Have any pics you could share?

I'm not sure if a little hike is something you like to do....but if it is, you can go visit the lighthouse. When you get off the tender take a left to the trail and you can take that to the end of the island. You will pass some old WWII buildings, a helipad, the light house and then there is a small dock and there are no crowds! We loved the walk and saw all kinds of lizards and hermit crabs. Plus there are some places you can dart of the path for some AMAZING pictures.

Thanks JollyCruise - I will have to do that. I didn't realize you could explore the island - sounds interesting!

You sure can :D. You will see a big sign stating you are leaving the NCL property but you're fine to keep walking along. When we got to the other side my DH and I were the only ones at the small dock. Getting away from the crowds was so nice and the views are beautiful. Have a great time!

Archived