Carnival Valor

emosewa

Has anyone run into any problems with pre paying gratuities. I talked to my travel agent and he didn't recommend it as you had to "prove" that you had already paid them.

Do all the cabins have a fridge in the cabins and can you have it emptied as I don't want the kids eating all of the expensive snacks. I would rather put some soda/water in there.

Thanks for any suggestions.

LP

We had a balcony room on the Valor and they had a fridge in our room. We had our steward empty the fridge so we could use it for the water that we brought on board. It does an ok job of keeping things cool, not cold.

I don't know why you would want to pre-pay the tips? What if you didn't want to tip someone the recommended amount because of poor service? Can you get a credit if you pre-pay? Just my thought!

All cabins on Conquest Class ships (Valor is one...) have a fridge in the cabin. The Fantasy Class, the Triumph, Destiny and Victory only have fridges in the suites... They are locked by default.

I'm sorry to say your TA missed the mark about pre-paying the gratuities. It's easy to do and your TA should be able to handle it for you and, no, you don't need proof that you pre-paid, it's noted on your account.

:)

We prepaid our gratuities. Our credit card was giving a larger cash back at the time we booked (on travel charges) so went ahead and added the gratuities.

Our cabin confirmation email shows the prepaid gratuities. So there should be no need to "prove" that we paid them, but if there is I have the confirmation to show that we did indeed pay it. Happy cruising!

Archived