Private Tour Operators in Cayman?

bullwinkle72

My family and I are arriving in Cayman on the Carnival Valor in just over a month (!). We are a party of 9, including one child age four. We're interested in booking a private charter, preferably on a catamaran, for a trip to Stingray City, and maybe Rum Point, or other beachy escape, or just for a nice sail. Mostly we want to avoid crowds (impossible, I know, at SRC and Rum Point) - especially on whatever vessel we're on.

I've contacted Island Marketing/Grand Cayman Cruise Excursions and they're booked up for private tours. Are there any other suggestions out there? Personal experiences? Even if it's not a private tour, maybe just a smaller tour so the boat doesn't have a bazillion people on it?

Thanks in advance!

We were in Grand Cayman about 10 days ago. We booked a tour with Stingray Sailing. They take you out to Stingray City and then snorkelling on a nearby reef. Their boat is a catamaran and I think they take about 30 people. You meet them at the pier and they load you on their bus to take you to and from the boat. We had a really enjoyable boat ride to and from the sites. The crew was great and we really enjoyed the trip.

It wasn't private, but it wasn't a huge group either and we didn't feel too crowded. Hope that helps!

Thanks so much for your replies! It's been helpful trying to figure out what options are available. We haven't had much luck finding a private charter so we ended up booking the Buccaneer excursion with Island Marketing/Grand Cayman Cruise Excursions. A bit more people on the boat than we'd like, but oh well. I waited too long to nail this one down.

I appreciate your responses though - gotta love Cruise Critic members!

Archived