Cabin location vs. upgrades - advice needed pls.

SeaboundQT

Hi there - my husband and I are taking our first cruise on the Summit in March, 2011 (Southern Caribbean). We have a Deluxe Oceanview room with balcony already reserved. We are able to upgrade to concierge class, but I have some concerns and hoping someone here can offer some input/advice.

Currently, our DOV room is in a good position, close to mid-ship, on the Vista Deck and on the port side (cabin 7089) with (what looks to be) nothing across from it). The only CC rooms available to us for upgrade are either right by the elevator/stairs (midship), or at the aft of the ship, and they all seem to be connecting rooms. Here are my questions regarding upgrading:

1) I am a little worried about seasickness - would aft of ship still be okay?

2) Are connecting rooms noisier due to the door / seeing light under the door, etc?

3) What is the difference of the veranda furniture (if any) btwn deluxe ocean view, vs. concierge class

4) would being directly mid-ship, where elevators and stairs are be quite noisy?

5) anyone have preferences of vista deck vs. panorama deck?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. We are happy with our deluxe oceanview room, but the concierge class upgrade looks tempting - just wondering if it's worth it if the position on the ship isn't as good as what we already have. Many thanks, Lisa

Hi there - my husband and I are taking our first cruise on the Summit in March, 2011 (Southern Caribbean). We have a Deluxe Oceanview room with balcony already reserved. We are able to upgrade to concierge class, but I have some concerns and hoping someone here can offer some input/advice.

Currently, our DOV room is in a good position, close to mid-ship, on the Vista Deck and on the port side (cabin 7089) with (what looks to be) nothing across from it). The only CC rooms available to us for upgrade are either right by the elevator/stairs (midship), or at the aft of the ship, and they all seem to be connecting rooms. Here are my questions regarding upgrading:

2) Are connecting rooms noisier due to the door / seeing light under the door, etc?

3) What is the difference of the veranda furniture (if any) btwn deluxe ocean view, vs. concierge class

4) would being directly mid-ship, where elevators and stairs are be quite noisy?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. We are happy with our deluxe oceanview room, but the concierge class upgrade looks tempting - just wondering if it's worth it if the position on the ship isn't as good as what we already have. Many thanks, Lisa

We sailed on the Summit this past January, and enjoyed it very much. We were in a conceirge balcony room (#8380) and it was midship. We were close to the elevators and the library. It was very quiet!!!! No problem with seasickness and loved the balcony. We had breakfast on the balcony several times, because the table was high enough and big enough to enjoy our meal. I believe that the balcony furniture on a regular veranda stateroom gives you 2 chairs and a small table. We have booked a conceirge balcony room on the Solstice for 9/26 and cant wait to enjoy the balcony once again at breakfast time.

This is just an after thought to my reply... but the conceirge service gives you a few more amnenties also. We had express luggage service (so we had our luggage within an 1hr of boarding) you get a full room service menu for breakfast, a better showerhead, robes, binoculars, tote bag, and welcome bottle of champagne in our room. None of which we needed, but made the trip feel a little extra special. :)

Another thing to consider is that CC cabins are a little larger than regular balcony cabins on the M class ships. Also, I don't think that noise from the elevators will be that much of a bother, and I haven't noticed that much difference in motion in the cabins that are further aft. Oh, another thing, don't forget a CC cabin earns extra points toward your Captains Club level. That might make a difference when you get close to Elite status. We just had the same dilemma and gave up our regular balcony on the hump on the Solstice to take a CC cabin further back. Good luck with your decision making.

Archived