disney cruise help

bellarosie

ok, my family are 1st time cruisers. yea! we are sailing on NOV 13-so soon! we want to get on the boat at soon as possible so we are planning to get to the terminal at 10:00 ish. is that too early to make a difference? is there anything to do but wait around? PLUS if anyone else out there have kids, we would like to sit with another family with small kids at dinner. can you plan that sort of thing. OH and can you find out your dining rotation early? i am so excited!!!

beth

I can guarantee that someone will there earlier than 10am. It will depend on how long it takes the prior cruise to disembark and how quickly the crew can prepare for your sailing. I understand that the Disney terminal has things on display to keep you busy for a while.

Have a nice cruise!

The port doesn't open until about 10. When you get in to the terminal you will receive a boarding group #. Suite passengers get group 1 no matter when they arrive. When boarding begins, you are called by group #, so the earlier you get to the terminal, the earlier you will board (though in all reality, once boarding begins, it goes very quickly). On our cruises, boarding has always begun between 11:30 and noon. Keep in mind your cabin won't be ready until 1:30 and your luggage won't arrive until later in the afternoon, so keep swimsuits for the kids in your carry on if they are going to want to hit the pools right away.

While you are waiting in the terminal, you can get the kids signed up for the kids clubs and get their bracelets (this can also be done onboard), take pics with characters or watch tv.

As far as dining goes, Disney for the most part tries to sit similar groups together. We have always gotten our own table for just our family without requesting it, so if you definitely want to share a table you may want them to note it on your reservation. Also, try your meets thread for your cruise, you may find another family there that you can link your reservations with for dining pruposes. You don't find out your rotation until check in.

Hope you have a great cruise.

Also go to the Roll call threads here on CC to look for others on your cruise. There is a link to the roll call thread at the top of the page.:)

If you find someone with kids and make friends on line you can link your dining reservations with them by calling DCL with the names, cabin number and both reservation numbers. I would do it as far in advance of your cruise as possible.

Archived