Amazing Spirit Cruise

Arrived back off the Adriatic Explorer Itinery on the Spirit last Friday. Got to say it's our second time on this Ship and it was better than before. Don't know if it was because we did things that we did'nt do last time, like the Captains night and the Bridge Tour. Maybe it was because two of the Waiters remembered us from 2 years ago even down to greeting my friends Husband with Hello Brian. Amazing Customer service that. In fact some British Companies could do with sending their Staff on board to see how Customer Service should actually work. Croatia was so beautiful especially Korpola. Kotor in Montenegro was breathtaking especially the sail out which took 1 and a half hours and we left to classical music being played.Brought a tear to my eyes can't believe it was'nt that long ago that this region was being torn apart by war.

Anyway the ship, staff, itinery were second to none. Cabins could do with a little uplifting but they are comfortable and we slept well. Did'nt go to bed till 3am most nights (mornings!) Loved every minute of it except the idiots who placed our luggage on the dockside on the last day in torrential rain under covers full of holes. My suitcase was sitting in a puddle of 3 inches of water and everything was soaked through and we had to unpack the cases at midnight when we got home to prevent any further damage to our clothes-stupid idiots. Up to that point it was perfect, oh well.

any questions please ask, anyone due to go soon you will have a ball. Back at work now and still looking at cruisecritic- how sad is that. By the way everyone look out for Spikie in high spirits, hes like the duracell bunny still dancing with his tray in hand at 2 in the morning-his real name is pacifica and hes a darling.:)

I so agree about the customer care. It was just humbling. I will find it difficult choosing another cruise after this one.

So sorry about your cases. We were off the ship at 9.45 and didn't realise you had rain later. We could only find one of our suitcases at ship side. I asked the rep, who wasn't terribly helpful...then after a frantic search, we noticed she was leaning on it! Another couple were late onto our coach. Poor people hadn't realised they had to put their watches forward again!

Am very impressed with your ability to stay awake so late, I was shattered by midnight! What a party pooper!

Did you walk to the top at Montenegro?

Infoqueen - a person after my own heart! We were partying every night for 2 weeks on the Spirit, and getting up at 5.30-6am to watch the sail-in's/sunrises- I could have done with another holiday to get over it !! I think value for money, hour-for-hour it's the best holiday we've ever had - purely because we made the most of every hour on that excellent ship.

You are so right about Customer Service - second to none - and as for Spikie, he is just so cool!!

Glad you had a great time too!

We love the Spirit. We went on with our friends, who then went on a cruise on the Destiny 18 months later, (without us) and the same waiter (Bert) was on. He recognised them and even said "Where's Steve and Ann"! How cool is that, they remembered our names. We went on the Spirit 2 years later, and there was Bert!! He came straight over and new our names straight off. Also love Spikey!!! He always remember our drinks.

Ann

I have enjoyed reading all the messages. Hubby & I will be departing on the Spirit this Friday, 10th Sept. It will be our first time on this ship, though we have saided on the Destiny twice. Very excited.

We too have had occasions where some of the dinning room staff remembered us from our previous cruise. HOW do they do that?? I have trouble remembering things from the previous week :D . I'm sure there must be a secret there somewhere but I suppose knowing would spoil the magic.

I so agree about the customer care. It was just humbling. I will find it difficult choosing another cruise after this one.

So sorry about your cases. We were off the ship at 9.45 and didn't realise you had rain later. We could only find one of our suitcases at ship side. I asked the rep, who wasn't terribly helpful...then after a frantic search, we noticed she was leaning on it! Another couple were late onto our coach. Poor people hadn't realised they had to put their watches forward again!

Am very impressed with your ability to stay awake so late, I was shattered by midnight! What a party pooper!

Did you walk to the top at Montenegro?

No not that fit i'm afraid but walked round the walled old town and did some shopping, then had a wasp land on my head, brushed it off and it sat on my finger, I went mental shouting get it off, get it off and then sent my sunglasses flying across the pavement and broke them in two, had to go and buy some more. thats exercise enough for me haha:eek:

Went to see the Spirit last Friday... and yes although it was ok when we were there - it did rain later that day!!!

Assumed everyone had already got off (was late morning)- do you not have to vacate at 8am? (that was my understanding - or is that just out of the cabins..... can you stay on the ship longer - until what time?

Incidently when we enquired about embarkation we were told anytime after 11am we would be allowed onboard.

Out of your cabin by 9am. But you can lounge about the ship eating to your hearts content or sunbathing etc, till its time for your flight home.

Wow, is that right - so another days holiday then?? What happens to luggage?... we will have no flight to catch... so presumably could stay on until the last passengers leave for their flights.

Is it not confusing with new/old passengers onboard at the same time?

Arrived back off the Adriatic Explorer Itinery on the Spirit last Friday. Got to say it's our second time on this Ship and it was better than before. Don't know if it was because we did things that we did'nt do last time, like the Captains night and the Bridge Tour. Maybe it was because two of the Waiters remembered us from 2 years ago even down to greeting my friends Husband with Hello Brian. Amazing Customer service that. In fact some British Companies could do with sending their Staff on board to see how Customer Service should actually work. Croatia was so beautiful especially Korpola. Kotor in Montenegro was breathtaking especially the sail out which took 1 and a half hours and we left to classical music being played.Brought a tear to my eyes can't believe it was'nt that long ago that this region was being torn apart by war.

Anyway the ship, staff, itinery were second to none. Cabins could do with a little uplifting but they are comfortable and we slept well. Did'nt go to bed till 3am most nights (mornings!) Loved every minute of it except the idiots who placed our luggage on the dockside on the last day in torrential rain under covers full of holes. My suitcase was sitting in a puddle of 3 inches of water and everything was soaked through and we had to unpack the cases at midnight when we got home to prevent any further damage to our clothes-stupid idiots. Up to that point it was perfect, oh well.

any questions please ask, anyone due to go soon you will have a ball. Back at work now and still looking at cruisecritic- how sad is that. By the way everyone look out for Spikie in high spirits, hes like the duracell bunny still dancing with his tray in hand at 2 in the morning-his real name is pacifica and hes a darling.:)

My Daughter still talks about spikey from our cruise in 2006. I'm sure she had a crush on him. The guy was brilliant to the children and is a credit to the ship and Thomson :-)

Wow, is that right - so another days holiday then?? What happens to luggage?... we will have no flight to catch... so presumably could stay on until the last passengers leave for their flights.

Is it not confusing with new/old passengers onboard at the same time?

we wasnt leaving the ship till 6-15 and had a late check out room for £30 till 5pm well worth it especially as we shared with our friends, the room and the cost I mean great for having a shower before you leave etc.

Went to see the Spirit last Friday... and yes although it was ok when we were there - it did rain later that day!!!

Assumed everyone had already got off (was late morning)- do you not have to vacate at 8am? (that was my understanding - or is that just out of the cabins..... can you stay on the ship longer - until what time?

Incidently when we enquired about embarkation we were told anytime after 11am we would be allowed onboard.

Everyone was allowed to stay in their cabins until 9am from what I was told. We had pre-booked a late check out cabin for £30 and although they could not provide us with our own cabin, we were allowed to stay in ours until 10am then moved accross to another one until 4.30 when we left the ship.

You are allowed to remain on the ship until your coach fetches you for your journey home and if you have AI, you can use that until departure too or if you are not AI providing you have given a card number, you can keep buying drinks until you leave which will be charged to your account.

We used the swimming pool all day, restaurants etc then were able to shower whenever we wanted with a late departure cabin - it was lovely to actually enjoy the last day rather than feel we were hanging around to go home!

no didnt get stung but my friends saying keep still and it won't hurt you did'nt quite ring true somehow. the glasses have been brought home cos hubby always thinks he can mend things and he will probably after next years cruise. I will prob bin them in a month or two.

Archived