Picking up returning passengers at Port of Tampa

wallyb5555

My mother-in-law will be picking us up at Port of Tampa on Sunday, Oct. 10. I think the Ryndam will berth at terminal three, but can't swear to it.

Can anyone tell me anything about the logistics of this:

What time should she come? (Holland A. specifies 7 AM disembarking time)

Where should we meet her? It looks like there is provision for street-side pick-up right at the building. Is this so?

All tips appreciated!

I don't make it a habit of driving over to the port, because I live in the area, and usually take Super Shuttle, but, here is what I remember. There is a limited amount of metered street parking along Channelside Drive, and probably some parking near the Channelside entertainment/shopping area. There is a small turn-in area, like 1/2 a traffic circle, probably enough room for 5 or 6 cars at a time to load and unload. There is no parking in this area, and police are there to enforce it

I would recommend that your mother in law go over a little early to get the 'lay of the land' then find a place to park. Call her on her cell phone after you have picked up your luggage, and have made your way over to the turn-in area, and wait for her to pick you up

My mother-in-law will be picking us up at Port of Tampa on Sunday, Oct. 10. I think the Ryndam will berth at terminal three, but can't swear to it.

Can anyone tell me anything about the logistics of this:

What time should she come? (Holland A. specifies 7 AM disembarking time)

Where should we meet her? It looks like there is provision for street-side pick-up right at the building. Is this so?

All tips appreciated!

We have had friends drop us off and pick us up and there is a wide area to drive through for pick up and drop off (several lanes wide like at the airport), but you can't just stop there and wait. It is the area directly in front of the pier.

If she is familiar with the area, she could sit and wait in any of the parking spaces or lots around downtown, the St. Pete Times-Forum, Channelside, Ybor City, etc. and wait for your cell phone call. Most of these areas will be deserted on a Sunday morning and she should not have to worry about paying for parking or ever leaving her car to meet you.

If you do self disembarkation, it is usually about a 30-60 minutes after the ship docks (the ship has to clear customs, etc and then you will have to do the same) before you would want her to pick you up.

Thanks for the good info cmtom89.

Is there a passenger lounge in which we could wait for 15-30 minutes after passing through customs? My wife has bad knees.

I have never noticed a passenger lounge, but I have never looked for one either. There are some benches and seats around the front of the building at the 'drive through' area.

There are also usually some wheelchairs around that she may could borrow just to get off her knees for the few minutes you would need it.

Have a great cruise!!

Archived