Any local bars without going to other side of island?

RQINFL

Are there any local bars to grab a drink at near the main cruise ship area? Where divers, locals, etc. enjoy? Looking to get away from the ship crowds, and try something different but not sure we want to venture to the other side of the island. Thanks!

Are there any local bars to grab a drink at near the main cruise ship area? Where divers, locals, etc. enjoy? Looking to get away from the ship crowds, and try something different but not sure we want to venture to the other side of the island. Thanks!

What island are you talking about? nm.

I'm sure some of the divers have their little spots here. But I suspect they hang out at their hotels. I'd say you're better off to go into San Miguel and get away from the Plaza to find local places. I can tell you some loncherias near the plaza and further back from the waterfront, like Tonitas, Especias and Camillos, where no one speaks English or not very well. But these are primarily restaurants. Also some good spots further back for Yucatan food, like Las Flamitas or seafood like San Carlos Pescaderia. For local bars, I'm not that familiar. I know Los Dorados de Villa has a great tequila selection, but they do cater to tourist and vacationers, not locals albeit a bit more upscale than a C&C or Sr. Frogs.

Archived