NCL SKY Mini Review 9/10

flasaltwater

This was our very first cruise We stayed at the La quinta near the airport got free shuttle and parking but had to pay for a taxi ride back. Shuttle droped us at the port at about 11:00 could not board yet had to sit in chairs and wait till our numbers were called to board.

Once on board which was around 12:00pm we headed straight to the buffet which was ok.

Once the ship was underway about 2 hours my stomach was in bad shape.

We were in a balcony on the 9th deck 9212

That evening met up with husband and son at Longboards where we had fish in chips and hubby ate wings that were very good.

Next morning when we arrived in Nassua I was sicker then a dog and there was no turning back, as the morning went on and there was no movement so I was able to get myself together enough to get off the ship.

Wow that is one dirty nasty city. We were bombarded with merchants and taxi drivers it was very overwhelming for me.

Once back on the ship I was ok to try to eat so we went to the Italian pay resteraunt. Food was very good the cover charge was only $10 PP

The staff go above and beyond to make sure you are taken care of.

Lots of Partying going on. We stayed clear from that though not our cup of tea.

They only held $150 on our card and that was for all 3 of us. Our total bill in the end was only $172 and $108 of that was for the gartuity.

Will I cruise this ship again? probably not!! to crowded and partying. My

tummy was not co-operating but that would have been on any ship I like the freestyle consept but I did not like the vibe of the ship.

One thing to note I did have motion sickness medicine available to me but I have a condition that does not allow me to take it.

Cindy

This was our very first cruise We stayed at the La quinta near the airport got free shuttle and parking but had to pay for a taxi ride back. Shuttle droped us at the port at about 11:00 could not board yet had to sit in chairs and wait till our numbers were called to board.

Once on board which was around 12:00pm we headed straight to the buffet which was ok.

Once the ship was underway about 2 hours my stomach was in bad shape.

We were in a balcony on the 9th deck 9212

That evening met up with husband and son at Longboards where we had fish in chips and hubby ate wings that were very good.

Next morning when we arrived in Nassua I was sicker then a dog and there was no turning back, as the morning went on and there was no movement so I was able to get myself together enough to get off the ship.

Wow that is one dirty nasty city. We were bombarded with merchants and taxi drivers it was very overwhelming for me.

Once back on the ship I was ok to try to eat so we went to the Italian pay resteraunt. Food was very good the cover charge was only $10 PP

The staff go above and beyond to make sure you are taken care of.

Lots of Partying going on. We stayed clear from that though not our cup of tea.

They only held $150 on our card and that was for all 3 of us. Our total bill in the end was only $172 and $108 of that was for the gartuity.

Will I cruise this ship again? probably not!! to crowded and partying. My

tummy was not co-operating but that would have been on any ship I like the freestyle consept but I did not like the vibe of the ship.

One thing to note I did have motion sickness medicine available to me but I have a condition that does not allow me to take it.

Cindy

Thank you for your review Cindy.

My dh and I were looking at this ship for our 20th wedding anniversary getaway without the kids. We usually sail RCCL and just sailed CCL Dream for our dd's Sweet 16 with her friends. We would like to have a good time at a club or piano bar until about 1 am and then relax in port during the day. We would like a balcony. We are in our mid 40s. Was the crowd much younger? I am looking to go for a few nights in January.

Thank you very much.

We're considering this room for a winter cruise. Can you comment on its balcony and what you could see of the room next to it. On the diagram the 9211 shows a triangle shape where a balcony normally would be. I know 9211 isn't sold as a balcony, but what is the triangle and how does it affect the 9212 balcony?

• 3 weeks later...
We're considering this room for a winter cruise. Can you comment on its balcony and what you could see of the room next to it. On the diagram the 9211 shows a triangle shape where a balcony normally would be. I know 9211 isn't sold as a balcony, but what is the triangle and how does it affect the 9212 balcony?

I just returned from the Sky and our cabin was 9212. It was great, the triangle shape on the diagram does not affect 9212 at all (not really sure why their is a triangle on the diamgram, 9211 is an ocean view room). To the left is a solid steel wall and to the right is the normal steel? wall between the next balcony. Enjoy your trip, we did.

Archived