Samana - what do you recommend

Tiggertastic

I suggest casadoradoDR.com tour to Playa Rincon. Contact them today and you can see some pictures from my trip in the link below. The cost is great and the experience is UNFORGETTABLE. Tell em Tom sent you. Let me know how it goes.

I suggest casadoradoDR.com tour to Playa Rincon. Contact them today and you can see some pictures from my trip in the link below. The cost is great and the experience is UNFORGETTABLE. Tell em Tom sent you. Let me know how it goes.

Hi Tom (lbt43) Im confused about your posts, i was reading the other board on samana and it seemed that you were against this port for unsafe reasons, maybe it was just my perspective. Anyway i will be stopping there soon ( Im from the Dominican Republic) but have never been to Samana on a cruise. We stayed in Bahia something or other on the main land and then we took a ferry to Cayo Levantado and the beach was amazing & the people were great, but this was back in 1996. I was wondering if you can give me an idea of how far the ship docks from the Bahia Hotel, im thinking maybe a day pass would be better than spending the day at Cayo Levantado.

You must be confused. I have never said anything bad about Samana.

I have stayed at Bahia Principe in 07, I don't think they offer a day pass and even if they did, it wouldn't be worth it. There is nothing to do there you couldn't do on the ship. Bahia has a hotel right at the pier on top of a hill and on Cayo itself. Not far from the ship either way.

Archived