private cabanna on princess cays

cruise crew member

I plan to rent one for 6 people however there are actually 8in our party will there be a problem? Also on the island there is always a free Bar BQ at lunch....what do you get for the picnic lunch you have to order and pay for..... how much is this lunch, where do you get it from is it delivered to your cabanna,....can you bring food from the free lunch back to your cabanna.....how close are the bathrooms to the cabannas....how many are there,can you choose the one you want....has anyone done this how is the beach area:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

thanks for your help

sailing the Crown 2/29/11

I don't know anything about Princess Cays amentities or the cabanas as I am going there for the first time next month. I have been to other private islands and the lunch will be set up buffet style. It's usually set up for a couple hours and you can go get as much as you want and eat wherever you want.

Beth

OP - are you doing the cabana that is $199 or $250. If I were you, I would save the extra bucks and do the $199. You are not far from the bathrooms, getting drinks during the day (extra) and a short walk to the

bbq luncheon place......We did this in April. You will get 6 priority tender tickets, but not a problem. Also, you get a ride from the tender to your cabana and back. This part is pretty easy for #s 7 & 8 to hop on or just walk to the cabana.:D

We had a great time. We invited our rollcall friends, and a lot of them came by, grabbed chairs and a good time was had by all......

Hambugers, hot dogs, salads, fruit, ribs, cookies, et. etc.

I plan to rent one for 6 people however there are actually 8in our party will there be a problem? Also on the island there is always a free Bar BQ at lunch....what do you get for the picnic lunch you have to order and pay for..... how much is this lunch, where do you get it from is it delivered to your cabanna,....can you bring food from the free lunch back to your cabanna.....how close are the bathrooms to the cabannas....how many are there,can you choose the one you want....has anyone done this how is the beach area:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

thanks for your help

sailing the Crown 2/29/11

We rented two side by side - there were 18 in our group. We were given priority tickets for our entire group, primarily I think because they were aware of how many were traveling together since we had a private party booked. There were plenty of empty loungers in front that we pulled up in front our the bungalows in a long row. We got there early and picked the first two - nearest the BBQ. It was about a 5 minute walk to the food. Since we were the first, we were able to pick the ones we wanted but no matter what you can choose from the ones that are still available. The picnic lunch is fancier food and delivered. I don't know the price. You will have a waiter checking to see if you want drinks. There is a shower connected to your bungalow and it is air conditioned. They supplied towels, sun screen and bug spray. The bathrooms were about 5 minutes walk the opposite of the BBQ. Totally liked having the bungalow.

We have rented both the regular bungalows and the Sanctuary Bungalows. The Sanctuary ones are $50 more, but we would not pay it again as we did not feel it was necessary. We have always ordered the picnic lunch...it was $50 for both of us, but it was so nice to have our meal delivered and not have to walk back and forth to the BBQ. The beach right in front of the bungalows is rocky and is better for snorkelling than swimming. We will definitely continue to rent a bungalow and the picnic lunch when we go to Princess Cays.

Darlene

We have rented both the regular bungalows and the Sanctuary Bungalows. The Sanctuary ones are $50 more, but we would not pay it again as we did not feel it was necessary. We have always ordered the picnic lunch...it was $50 for both of us, but it was so nice to have our meal delivered and not have to walk back and forth to the BBQ. The beach right in front of the bungalows is rocky and is better for snorkelling than swimming. We will definitely continue to rent a bungalow and the picnic lunch when we go to Princess Cays.

Darlene

Hi Darlene,

What do you get in the picnic lunch you pay for? Are the Sanctuary Bungalows more because they are considered an adult's only area? I love Princess Cays but have never rented on eof the bungalows. I would really like to on my next cruise.

Hi Darlene,

What do you get in the picnic lunch you pay for? Are the Sanctuary Bungalows more because they are considered an adult's only area? I love Princess Cays but have never rented on eof the bungalows. I would really like to on my next cruise.

The Sanctuary Bungalows are more because they are in an "Adult Only" area. There is no beach at all where they are located. We found that we weren't bothered by kids when we were in the regular bungalows. Because the beach is not sandy, the kids stay at the other end. As far as the picnic lunch, it includes a free drink and we received appetizers because we do not like sea food (if you like seafood it comes as one of the courses), then I believe we received some chicken breasts, sausages, salads etc. and lastly dessert. We could not eat everything that was brought to us. As I said, it was worth the money for us as we preferred to have someone serve us than go and stand in line at the BBQ. Everybody will have a different opinion on whether the picnic lunch is worth $50.00 - to us it is.

Darlene

Archived