Chef's Table - Freedom

melis74

Has anyone done this on the Freedom? If so, where was the meal held? Also, If I'm reading this right, they pick the date(s) you just email what cruise you will be on and that you are interested, is that correct?

Thank you in advance!

I'm not sure of the venue for the Chef's Table on the Freedom, sorry.

In order to book you'll need to follow this procedure:

In order to process a reservation follow this from John Heald's blog thingy:

I would like to offer my help with reserving a table. This was a big decision for me to take because it actually will add a bit of work onto my schedule but because some of you have asked and because of the massive popularity that the Chef’s Table has, I decided to give my bloggers the first chance to reserve a place at the table. This is what I would ask.

1. In the Reply Section please write “CHEF’S TABLE RESERVATION NEEDED”

2. I will then need you to tell me the ship, the sailing date and your full name and state room number.

3. Please make sure your e mail address is included

4. Please give me as much prior notice as possible before sailing

One of the 344 Stephanies will send me the requests on Mondays and on Fridays and I will then send them to the ship. Your requests won’t be posted on the blog as they will include your e-mail address so please don’t place any other comments or questions in this posting which will also make it simple for me to read. Now, once the ships have received this request they will e mail a confirmation that will read like this.

Dear Tim and Diane,

Thank you for booking the Chef’s Table.

Your reservation request for 7 Guests is confirmed.

Should your plans change, please keep us advised at E MAIL ADDRESS WILL BE INCLUDED HERE FOR THE SPECIFIC SHIP

We look forward to serving you!

Your Steakhouse Hostess

Little Ed

Carnival Dream

If you are not familiar with John's blog you can find it here:

www.johnhealdsblog.com

Open the most recent entry, scroll all the way to the bottom and you'll see this:

comments.jpg

Enter the information, as requested, in the 'Leave a reply' box. Make sure you've entered your name and a valid email address. That's it!

You should get a confirmation in a week to ten days.

Since you will be on the Freedom soon here is what you will look forward to with Executive Chef D'Silva.

We did the Chef's Table on the Aug 28 Freedom. It was held twice on our 8 day cruise and was advertised on board. We had 12 at our table and the one later in the cruise had only 7.

Our dinner was on the second sea day- cruise casual dress. We received a written reservation confirmation in our cabin 2 days prior and both the Maitre’d and the Head Chef came to our table the night before and introduced themselves and wanted to make sure that no one had any allergies and to confirm the meeting place and time.

We met the chef in the atrium at 6:30p and he took all of us into the galley where we were served champagne and treated to 4 different appetizers. He took us through the galley while they were working to cook and serve for the early seating. This didn’t stop every staff member whose path we crossed from welcoming us into the galley and to the Chef’s Table. He also took the time to explain many of the pieces of equipment they use to cook and how the galley is run. People really don’t realize the amount of work to serve all the food and keep the quality high.

We then stopped in the dessert area and he and the head pastry chef showed us how to make the warm chocolate melting cake. We then completed the galley tour and were then taken to the private dining room (Just down the hall from the cigar bar). All of us had personalized menus and placecards. We were served another 6-8 courses (with 2 entrees). The menu was completely unique. None of the dishes were served to the rest of the ship – except the chocolate cake. All the while the head chef explained the dishes and talked with us. Wine was included. We were served by him and 6-8 other chefs – not waiters. The ships photographer took a group photo (which we were given) and then finally he gave us signed Carnival cookbooks. The whole thing lasted 3+ hours. The next day the Maitre’d stopped by to see how we enjoyed it and our regular dining room waiter seemed to be more attentive after knowing we had been to the Chef's Table!

This is well worth the $75 charge per person and I would recommend it! Once people understand what this is it will be very hard if not impossible to get reservations. An amazing experience and the food was incredible! We were so full we didn't eat until the next afternoon. This meal was so good we skipped the steakhouse this cruise. Unfortunately we were not allowed to take our own photos during the meal.

Warning - do not eat before this meal as you will need the space in your stomach! :eek::

Our Meal after the galley appetizers:

Norweigian Salmon Tartar

Fire Roasted Tomato and Poblano Chili Bisque

Rock Shrimps and Apple Beignets

Chopped Mediteranean Salad

Filet of Chilean Sea Bass

Aged Filet Mignon

Chef Surprise Dessert

Warm Chocolate Melting Cake

Hope this helps...! Enjoy your Chef's Table Experience!! We sure did!! :)

• 1 month later...

Archived