Booked on 7 night Feb. 26th

louise15

Oh the B category is nice, because you're just down the hall from the pool deck (and the pool bar!)

The butler makes sure everything is going well. He will unpack/pack but I can't imagine asking him to do that. He will bring you canapes every afternoon (but I find them a bit much, frankly.) He will deliver your dry cleaning, and help you get reservations at the specialty restaurants.

Hmm. Advice.

February will most likely be quite hot and humid on land, so think twice about booking strenuous inland adventures likes hiking unless you are young and fit! We went once in April and I was just about dead from the heat at times (ship was fine.)

Do the motu day at Taha'a, don't bother with an excursion unless you are a very avid snorkeler. It's a wonderful day, and you can snorkel there, and kayak, and play volleyball, and swim, and drink, and eat, and, ...

If you love the water and the beach, spend an afternoon in Bora Bora at the motu as well--there is a free tender to it on days when the ship is in BB.

Don't forget to buy reef shoes (water socks, whatever else they are called.) the "sand" really isn't sand, but is mostly ground up coral, with sharp coral pieces mixed in.

Unless you are divers or have a custom mask, don't bother bringing your equipment, just use the ones provided by the ship--they are of good quality. This includes a flotation vest if you are a less-than-confident swimmer.

Forward of your B cabin, at the end of the corridor, is a door that opens up to a small deck over the bow. You can watch the ship coming into port from there. Not many folks get it figured out how to get there, so it's usually underused.

Just ask, I will tell! One of my favorite subjects!

Archived