Harbor Beach Marriott Resort & Spa in FLL

Flip2cruise

Any cruise critic members stayed here recently? I checked out the reviews on TA and a few other sites, but would be interested in hearing firsthand experiences. This property occasionally shows up on Priceline, so I wanted to add this to possible places to target for December.

I have stayed 2ce at the Marriott, the last time being last May. I love this property-It is beautiful. It is on a nice wide stretch of beach, where you can rent jet-skiis, parasailing, ect. The pool is a large free form style, and very tropical with waterfall and a nice tiki bar. There is a starbucks in the lobby. The rooms are kept up nicely, but are of average size.Get a balcony room overlooking the ocean or pool.

I have seen the Diplomat but have not stayed there. My inpression is that it is more a business hotel. Also, it is a tall building and blocks the sun on the beach at times. The beach here is also very narrow-not nearly as nice as the beach at Marriott.

Very close to the Marriott(seperated by a low-rise condo), is the Lago Mar,which is also 1 of my favorites. The property is just as pretty as the Marriott, and has the advantage of having 1 or 2 bedroom suites, for less money. There are 2 pools, a lagoon style and a regular. Its a great place if you have young kids as there is a nice playground on the sand.

I have stayed 2ce at the Marriott, the last time being last May. I love this property-It is beautiful. It is on a nice wide stretch of beach, where you can rent jet-skiis, parasailing, ect. The pool is a large free form style, and very tropical with waterfall and a nice tiki bar. There is a starbucks in the lobby. The rooms are kept up nicely, but are of average size.Get a balcony room overlooking the ocean or pool.

I have seen the Diplomat but have not stayed there. My inpression is that it is more a business hotel. Also, it is a tall building and blocks the sun on the beach at times. The beach here is also very narrow-not nearly as nice as the beach at Marriott.

Very close to the Marriott(seperated by a low-rise condo), is the Lago Mar,which is also 1 of my favorites. The property is just as pretty as the Marriott, and has the advantage of having 1 or 2 bedroom suites, for less money. There are 2 pools, a lagoon style and a regular. Its a great place if you have young kids as there is a nice playground on the sand.

Thanks for the info!

we went to the marriott this past dec. pre cruise. all i can say is we had a view from our room that was amazing. to the left was the beach. right below was the pool and to the right was a bay with yauchts and cruise ships.

the beach is raked every night so when you go in the morning it is pristine. laying on the beach.....you could be anywhere.....i'm not kidding it was paradise. it is also walking distance to the water taxi which is a lot of fun. it is at least 4 stars. the room was beautiful very nicely appointed.would very highly recommend it and we paid full season price and would do it again

I have heard many people LOVE this resort. They do however charge a resort fee I believe of 18.50 per day and also charge for parking about 20.00 per day.

This beach looks as if the water there is that aquamarine color as in the Caribbean, even looks that way when the ship is passing along the strip of hotels..........can anyone comment on this? Thanks

I have heard many people LOVE this resort. They do however charge a resort fee I believe of 18.50 per day and also charge for parking about 20.00 per day.

This beach looks as if the water there is that aquamarine color as in the Caribbean, even looks that way when the ship is passing along the strip of hotels..........can anyone comment on this? Thanks

They no longer charge a resort fee, according to the person I spoke with on the phone. Its $19 to self park and $25 valet.

Im just going to play around with Priceline, starting in the summer and see what happens. I have seen a few winning bids in the $88-$125 range.

• 1 month later...
we went to the marriott this past dec. pre cruise. all i can say is we had a view from our room that was amazing. to the left was the beach. right below was the pool and to the right was a bay with yauchts and cruise ships.

the beach is raked every night so when you go in the morning it is pristine. laying on the beach.....you could be anywhere.....i'm not kidding it was paradise. it is also walking distance to the water taxi which is a lot of fun. it is at least 4 stars. the room was beautiful very nicely appointed.would very highly recommend it and we paid full season price and would do it again

Thanks!

Archived