Bad Weather Next Week

Jerry and Shelly

Leaving on Western - Solstice this Sunday. Just looked at weather forecasts for the ports, and it doesn't look good. Heavy rain and thunderstorms forecasted. Will outdoor excursions still run in heay rain? We booked trips in all 4 ports, like the ATV trip. I would assume if they get canceled, we will get full refunds. Also kind of worried how the weather will affect the sea - do not like rough seas and motion sickness.

Moral of the story: this is Hurricane Season in the Caribbean, you should not be surprised at this sort of weather.

Excursions may or may not go, you may well miss ports. Enjoy the ship and then take it like it comes.

I am not fond of your countdown clocks...just shows how fast life passes us by....jk!! Think it slows down while we cruise:confused: No we just stop to enjoy a little more:rolleyes: Sorry I know off topic!?!

Leaving on Western - Solstice this Sunday. Just looked at weather forecasts for the ports, and it doesn't look good. Heavy rain and thunderstorms forecasted. Will outdoor excursions still run in heay rain? We booked trips in all 4 ports, like the ATV trip. I would assume if they get canceled, we will get full refunds. Also kind of worried how the weather will affect the sea - do not like rough seas and motion sickness.

They are correct about it being hurricane season. I don't think I would ever sail in september as my wife does get motion sickness when the wind buffets side to side. However, on one of our transalantics last fall, she worried herself to death about the notorious gales happening in the Bay of Biscay (which we had to cross). Yes, we did cross in a gale but it wasn't that bad and she was fine. Just bear in mind that weather and seas are what they are but the captain tries his best to stay away from the worst of it to keep his passengers comfortable. Good luck!

Archived