Transportation from Houston to Galveston

SBBScruz

OK....I'm taking my two sons on the Ecstasy cruise from the Galveston port. We are flying in to the Houston International and the transfers are very high priced. WE are arriving a day early and leaving a day later, so hotels are involved too. I have priced a couple of limo services and transfers, but would love some input on who to get and how to do this. I have looked into renting a car and driving to Galveston, but there are only two drop off points and both are very expensive for a 1 day rental. Any help out there would be great! :D Thanks

When are you cruising? During a peak time? I have heard good things about Galveston Lime but it is like $50-60 pp. I think you can rent a car for the cost of one person. What hotel are you staying at? Do they provide shuttle service? I believe that Hobby airport provides some kind of shuttle. Have you checked with the airport? If all else fails let me know and I will pick you up!:)

Have you checked with Enterprise Rent a Car? You have to call their Galveston office, but they have been giving very good deals on rentals and do not ahave a drop charge. Houston cabs are very expensive and if you are going to come in early, you almost have to rent a car.:)

Thanks Karen and Bill, I appreciate all the advice. I have checked with the hotel and all their transfers. I didn't realize it was going to cost so much to get from Houston to Galveston. I guess we'll have to book a limo or try to rent a car. Enterprise seems like the best deal if I'm going to rent.

Thanks alot----boy, you guys have been on alot of cruises! This is our first. I'm taking my two boys over spring break....we can't wait!

Thanks again

Karen1127, that is really nice. Ya' know there are are lot of folks out there that do not have a clue about getting to Galveston. Not to mention the traffic on I-45S. I guess for those who live here, we take driving to Galveston for granted.

We always take 146 through Kemak to Galveston, less traffic!!!!

Go to http://www.galvestonlimousineservice.com

It is 50 roundtrip per person for the shuttle service to and from the airport.

The shuttle runs every hour.

For three of you that's $75 one way. It's a good 45 minute to an hour drive.

It may be well worth the money not to have the hassle of loading all of your luggage into a car, picking it up and dropping it off both ways etc..

Good luck and have fun!

Donna

We are going Grand Princess from Galveston 3-26-05 and booked

Extreme Elegance Limos at $150 Houston IAH to Galveston hotel

and return after cruise at $150 plus gratuity.

This works out cheaper than Galveston Limo even with discounts for

seniors and kids. :) Remember with a rental car, even with deals, it's

the taxes that skyrocket the price, not the actual rental price!!!

Karen1127, that is really nice. Ya' know there are are lot of folks out there that do not have a clue about getting to Galveston. Not to mention the traffic on I-45S. I guess for those who live here, we take driving to Galveston for granted.

We always take 146 through Kemak to Galveston, less traffic!!!!

We go to Galveston the same way yall do!! Of course everytime we pass the Kemah bridge and the kids see the boardwalk, all I hear is "Mom! Mom! Can we go ride the train?" I often thought about the money I could make just transporting people from airports to the cruise terminals!:D I bet I would have to have a chauffers license and insurance out the gazoo! :eek: Oh well it is a nice thought!

Archived