roll call: MSC Opera 3/19

nestor01

Hi both - I'm sailing on MSC Opera on 12th and 19th March (two weeks). Travelling on my own this time as partner has run out of leave. First time for me to Caribbean and sailing with MSC. Looking forward to it. May come across you both as it looks as if I may be on for a week with each of you.

More often than not i have sailed with P&O - so looking forward to trying this new ship and company. :)

Oh fantastic, Looking forward to meeting you. This will be our first cruise and we we're a little apprehensive that we would be the only gay folks sailing. We needed a vacation on the cheap and this seemed to offer a good value. If you’re interested in contacting us prior to sailing you can e-mail us at bigkidyid@aol.com. Hope to hear from you and any others who will be floating away.

Hi - usually you tip your cabin steward and the table waiters. With P&O, you generally tip cabin stewards and the table waiters as a pair the same amount - therefore the cabin steward gets double as the tip for the table is shared between the the waiter and his assistant.

The summer brouchure suggests allowing around £6 per day per passanger.

I beleive tips are discretionary on MSC having read other posts. You can also tip whoever you want if you feel servcie is beyong that expected.

I'm sure that there will more info onboard contained within the cabin info.

Do a search on this site for tips or gratuities and you will see lots of other peoples opinions / expereinces.

Getting closer by the day! Graham

Archived