Puerto Vallarta -"Wild Dolphins & Snorkeling" Excursion to "Marietas Islands"

teresastreed

Anyone taken Carnival's "Wild Dolphins & Snorkeling" Excursion to the "Marietas Islands"? If so, how was the overall excursion? In particular how was the snorkeling and was the water temperature warm or do you need a wetsuit? Did you see any dolphins or manta ray?

We went to the Marietas Island on a tour from NCL in Jan. Although the water temp was pretty warm I wore a 2mil skin top & neoprene shorts. I always bring them even in the Caribbean. I'm a freediver & just like the extra protection from rocks,urchines, & possible jelly fish. They even had a weight belt on board that they let me use for the day. I was surprised. On the way out to the Island we saw many dolphins as well as a couple of whales, no rays but i'm sure it is possible. I'm not sure if Carnival uses the same people that NCL does for this tour. I believe it was called "Vallarta Adventures" After the snorkel they feed you and give you unlimited drinks. Some people were even dancing on the back of the boat to the music that was playing. Then they take you to a secluded beach to hang for awhile. They even set up a small bar right on the beach. Then back to the ship. I'm not sure what I paid but it was well worth it. I gave them a good tip as well for lending me the weight belt.

Archived