Amsterdam -- Hawaii -- Holiday

Crazy

Haven't been on the Amsterdam -- tell me something about this ship. Am in B -- have a Verandah. Have been on several Holland American ships, including the Ryndam olver the holidays in December 2004 and the Rotterdam

Haven't been on the Amsterdam -- tell me something about this ship. Am in B -- have a Verandah. Have been on several Holland American ships, including the Ryndam olver the holidays in December 2004 and the Rotterdam

I'd be very interested in hearing about this ship as well. I'm scheduled for the 30-day Hawaii/South Pacific voyage on her in January 2006.

Anyone recently return from that voyage this year? Care to share your impressions?

Blue skies ...

--rita

The Amsterdam is effectively a sister-ship to the Rotterdam, and is co-Flagship.

With few exceptions the layoutof the Ryndam (S-class), Rotterdam (R-class), and Volendam (V-class), and all their sisters is the same.

On the Amsterdam the aft pool is on the same deck as the Lido Restaurant, and one deck down is additional cabin space.

It's been a few years since I sailed the Amsterdam, but remember it as a lovely voyage. We had some terribly rough seas crossing the very North Atlantic, but the ship rode them well.

She was beautiful inside---as you would expect of a co-Flagship.

If you liked the Ryndam or the Rotterdam you should love the Amsterdam.

Archived