Nachi Cocum - How far from cruise port?

jamies78

Hello all,

We will be in Cozumel on the LOS in November with our 18 month old and 2.5 year old sons. We don't want to be too far from the ship in case they get hot or tired. How long is the cab ride from port to Nachi? Do you feel the cabs are safe to take the little ones in?

Thanks for your help and advice!

Hello all,

We will be in Cozumel on the LOS in November with our 18 month old and 2.5 year old sons. We don't want to be too far from the ship in case they get hot or tired. How long is the cab ride from port to Nachi? Do you feel the cabs are safe to take the little ones in?

Thanks for your help and advice!

I think it is fine for little ones....It is about a 15 minute cab ride. Certainly close enough to get back rather quickly if need be. (Keep in mind the taxis won't, of course, have child car seats...and I can't imagine lugging them on board) We will be doing Nachi in 10 days with my 18 month old niece. An alternative is Paradise Beach...a bit closer and not all inclusive...so you wouldn't feel as if you had wasted a bunch of money if you had to leave early.

personally I wouldnt take kids to Nachi. There is nothing for them to do. There are other beach resorts that cater to families. They have water toys/floats for the kiddies. Nachi is geared more towards adults...after all, they do have an open bar lol. When we were there...we didnt see one kid in the entire resort mostly middle aged (mid 20-mid 30s) folks drinking and having a good time.

its a 15-20 min cab ride from the port and you must show the cab driver your reservations to have them take you there. Nachi must be booked in advance as they do not talk walk ups.

Thanks for the advice on Nachi. Are there any other beach options that are not too far from the port and are good for little ones? Paradise Beach might be a better choice. Do I need reservations in advance to go there?

Paradise Beach. 2.00 Chair Rental.

Taxi will be a little less than Nachi. You might even post something asking if any beaches have a small playground area. I know I have seen one pictured on Passion Island b ut much further from ship by ferry.

Paradise beach would be where I would recommend going with little ones. They have some really cool inflatable water toys for kids there. Look up their site I am sure they have photos and such. They are a bit closer from the port then Nachi is also so that will save you a few bucks on the taxi fare. I would get reservations in advance..as far in advance as possible for any popular beach club.

No reservations needed at Paradise Beach. And with kiddos as little as yours, I'd still do Nachi....it's almost like having the beach to yourselves. They are too little to do any of the big water toys at PB....but if you think they will tire quickly, you might not get your $$$ worth out of the all inclusive. I'd look at the web sites for both. I love each place....but I really need to be under an umbrella/palapa...and at PB, the umbrellas aren't on the front row...so to get in the shade, you end up behind a row or two of people, as opposed to only having the water in front of you. Sounds silly, but I like an unobstructed view of the water! :)

http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.net/

Archived