Independence ots - Q's

midgepink

My 1st cruise will be in 26 days, my parents were taking my daughter with them and are on Deck 10 we are now also going on the cruise but we chose Deck 8 as this was all that showed avail at the time i have been back on the website and it state that 10 is now avail.

would i be able to change Decks ? i do have a 3 year old though would this make a difference?

Would i be able to have a promenade stateroom or is this ltd to number of guests in the room?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!! :)

This should not be a problem if you contact your travel agent right now and have them do it for you. If you're not using a TA then call the cruise line direct. Do not email them, talk to them. If there is a price difference that will have to be paid when you make the change. There will be no problem with your daughter. They have roll-a-way beds when there are more people than beds in a cabin.

My 1st cruise will be in 26 days, my parents were taking my daughter with them and are on Deck 10 we are now also going on the cruise but we chose Deck 8 as this was all that showed avail at the time i have been back on the website and it state that 10 is now avail.

would i be able to change Decks ? i do have a 3 year old though would this make a difference?

As long as it is still the same category of stateroom, then you should be able to change cabins without any charge. If it is a different category, then your cruisefare will be repriced to the current price for that category.

Would i be able to have a promenade stateroom or is this ltd to number of guests in the room?

The promenade staterooms only accommodate two people so that wouldn't be an option for your family.

This should not be a problem if you contact your travel agent right now and have them do it for you. If you're not using a TA then call the cruise line direct. Do not email them, talk to them. If there is a price difference that will have to be paid when you make the change. There will be no problem with your daughter. [b}They have roll-a-way beds when there are more people than beds in a cabin[/b].

A cabin cannot be booked for more people than there are beds (that is berths) in the cabin. They are not legally allowed to just cram in roll-a-away beds and go over the maximum number allowed in a specific cabin. The possible exception is an infant in a crib, but I'm not positive about that. There will certainly be a problem if the cabin selected has a passenger maximum of two.

midgepink:

You should be able to change cabins, but it sounds like the regular Promenade cabins only allow two passengers. If you move from your current category to a higher one, you'll be charged the difference in fare. If you stay in the same category, there should be no issue.

You absolutely need to call your TA, if you have one, or the cruise line if you booked directly. They should be able to tell you which cabins available on deck 10 will accomodate the three of you and tell you what, if any, difference there will be in fare.

So nice that you can all cruise together. Have a wonderful time.

beachchick

Beachchick is correct.

It is not simply a case of swapping one cabin for another, especially when one is a 3-share.

health and Safety dictates that there are only a certain amount of 3/4 berth cabins that may be occupied as such on each deck, consequently even though a cabin with a capacity for 3 on deck 10 might APPEAR to be available, until you check with your TA you will not know for sure.

Additionally as others have mentioned there are various cabin grades, and an Inside on deck 8 may not be the same category as an Inside on another deck

Archived