Connie captain

AntonJ

On the December 18th sailing, the captain was Apostolos Bouzakis. He had recently been promoted to the position. I believe that he is the youngest captain in the fleet.... somewhere between 35 and 40 years old.

Anyone have an email address for him? Maybe we could ask him what ports he is sailing to on the 7/2/05 cruise.

Captain Bouzakis is not the regular captain. The regular captain, Captain Papanacolou (don't know how to spell it) is the regular captain who was on vacation in December.

smdubowsky

Hi smdubowsky,

Having never sailed on the Connie before, I am not familiar with Captain P.; the information I shared specified that Captain Bouzakis was the captain on the 18th of December sailing. I based my response upon the info provided in the Dec. 19th "Celebrity Today!" daily flyer. Below you will find the first and last paragraph of Captain B's bio as presented in the shipboard flyer:

First paragraph:

As Master aboard the Constellation, Apostolos Bouzakis is the ultimate official on board - a title unique to him, although he has other bridge officers holiding their Captain's papers.

Last Paragraph:

Apostolos joined Celebrity in 1989 as a second officer. A series of promotions and experience then led him to being named Staff Captain in 1999. Since that time, he has served on nearly every ship in the Celebrity fleet. Captain Bouzakis has recently been promoted to Master of the Constellation.

Perhaps Captain Bouzakis was just filling in for Captain P, but I had no way of knowing this. I only attempted to answer the original poster's question based upon the knowledge I had as of my December sailing. :o

Archived