Fort Lauderdale Renaissance for $105 in April?

4 cruisers

We stayed there pre-cruise on the 22nd of January. We had 3 rooms and 9 people (ages 12-75) and not one complaint from anyone! There is a Walgreens right across the street which came in handy for a few last minute items. We ate at a pretty nice place (Bimini Boatyard or Dockyard?) which is out the front door of the hotel and a short walk to the right of the hotel.The food was good. The adults had a nice dinner. The teens preferred to go to the Wendy's down the block! The hotel had a buffet breakfast in the a.m. I think it was about $12 a person. Kind of high in my opinion. I think we would've been better off going to the bakery/pastry shop, which you'll see if you again go out the front entrance of the hotel and walk to the right. We would definately book it again. Enjoy!

No, we didn't have the chance to take the water taxi-although it was on my things to do list! After dinner, a few of the teens wanted to go in the hot tub and the pool so we went out and sat poolside and watched them. It was very cool in Florida that weekend so we grabbed some tea & coffee from the adjacent lounge and sat and gabbed. Can't complain about the weather too much though , had a really bad snowstorm in Chicago that weekend and we were just glad to be away from that! The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful and like I said before I would stay there again. Also, in the lobby area there is a pretty large display holding brochures of things to do and places to go. Make sure you sign up for the shuttle to the pier. I believe it was $4 per person(?) We had an 11:00 reservation and all 9 of us got to go together! There were a few others on the shuttle with us so the driver just stopped and dropped off people at their designated ships.You can either sign up at the concierge desk or at the front desk if the concierge is gone for the day. We were on board the ship by @12:30 or so. Have a great time!

4 cruisers ~

My husband and I stayed at the Renaissance via a bid on Priceline this past October and really liked the hotel. The walk to the water taxi is about 5 minutes right at the Marriott Marina hotel. We would stay at this hotel again. W

We had breakfast at Einstein Brothers Bagels which was very good and is about a 5 minute walk close by the drug store, grocery store and liquor stores.

Curious though...I have been trying to secure a room via Priceline for April 22 and am having no luck in the 3* Downtown Fort Lauderdale area. I even tried 4* Downtown but did not go as high as $105. Will try again this evening.

Was $105.00 your first bid and what zone did you try for?

i have some photos on this link in my review of Caribbean princess...the first few shots were of the Renaissance Hotel.

http://community.webshots.com/album/212442234kLdweF

Emmy

Thanks for the additional info, Cathy! Does sound like a perfect stay for you guys!

Emmy, thanks for the pictures! Looks great! I bid 4 star beach for $100- was declined. I added downtown still 4 star and upped my bid to $105- and it was accepted! I know there is better stratagy, but I'm still very new at Priceline and even with all the reading I have done, I didn't want to take any chances (we have another couple traveling with us). Thanks to you all, I will rest easy that it is a nice choice!

Good luck on your bidding! Oh, you can ask for help on betterbidding.com. Tell them what you have in mind and what bids you have already tried. Keep me posted!

Nanette

Archived