NCL Shore Excursion Victoria BC

bdl729

Hello,

Has anyone taken the Hop On Hop Off shore excursion through NCL? It seems very reasonably priced($13pp) and I just want to make sure there wasn't a negative reason why. It states the tour is on a yellow school bus and wanted to make sure my 60+ year old parents would be comfortable. Thanks in advance!

BTW I already posted this on the ports of call board and no one had ever heard of this.

Hi. I live here. The tour is an old fashioned-style coach with horses. They do a slow, but methdoical tour of some part of the park and area, and they have a loud speaker. IT is a very sweet but slow ride. The transport is not very modern...so take it for what it is for such a low price. I guess the only negative is is this is NOT some ac bus with a catered lunch or an incredibly interesting tour. It is just very nice....btw Victoria is a walking city. HOHO is good if you are short on time, have physical limitations.

Hope this helps.

Hi. I live here. The tour is an old fashioned-style coach with horses. They do a slow, but methdoical tour of some part of the park and area, and they have a loud speaker. IT is a very sweet but slow ride. The transport is not very modern...so take it for what it is for such a low price. I guess the only negative is is this is NOT some ac bus with a catered lunch or an incredibly interesting tour. It is just very nice....btw Victoria is a walking city. HOHO is good if you are short on time, have physical limitations.

Hope this helps.

Hi 2010 Cruisers,

I have found your tips to be very helpful. We are also from Canada and will be sailing on the Epic on january 1st. We are a large group (15) and the trip is a Christmas surprise for the kids (8 of them in total). I was wondering if you might be able to help me with planning their Christmas surprise. I wanted to use my digital scrapbooking program to make up certificates for the kids for Christmas with pictures of the Epic and things that they can do while onboard but the images that I can get from the internet are not the right quality for enlargements. If you would happen to have any pictures of the ship, slides, rock climbing wall that you wouldn't mind sharing I would appreciate that. I am part of the the 1/1/2011 Epic New Year thread but I am still new to the posting thing.

Hope this helps.

Thank you, but I guess I am confused why the description says yellow school buses if you say they use horses. We are only in port from 6:30-11:30 so I was hoping this would help us get to most of the sights in a short period of time.

Hi 2010 Cruisers,

I have found your tips to be very helpful. We are also from Canada and will be sailing on the Epic on january 1st. We are a large group (15) and the trip is a Christmas surprise for the kids (8 of them in total). I was wondering if you might be able to help me with planning their Christmas surprise. I wanted to use my digital scrapbooking program to make up certificates for the kids for Christmas with pictures of the Epic and things that they can do while onboard but the images that I can get from the internet are not the right quality for enlargements. If you would happen to have any pictures of the ship, slides, rock climbing wall that you wouldn't mind sharing I would appreciate that. I am part of the the 1/1/2011 Epic New Year thread but I am still new to the posting thing.

This is a thread about a specific NCL excursion in Victoria BC. If you would like information about the Epic please create your own post!

Hi, I live in Victoria as well, and I don't think the NCL shore excursion is either the horse drawn tour or the hop on hop off tour bus. I think it is a shuttle that runs from the pier to the downtown area, with a couple of pick-up/drop-off points.

Info on one of the horse drawn carriage tours: http://www.tallyhotours.com/tours/

Info on one of Victoria's hop on hop off bus tours: http://bigbusvictoria.ca/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

At $16 it is probably an okay deal for 1 person, but for 2 or more, a cab is probably more cost (and time) effective. You could walk one way and cab back if you wanted. It is quite a nice walk. Just leave the port and go left on the street. That will take you to the inner harbour. If you cab, just ask them to drop you in front of the Empress Hotel and you can explore from there.

http://www.tourismvictoria.com/ for more info.

Archived