People who bought pictures

bmoore09

So I booked my wedding (May 1st on the Freedom..woohoo!). I just got the info on the photography package.

Wow. Expensive.

Now, i see the most basic package comes with like 15 8x10's and 13 5x7's. I dont think I'll be needing that many. I saw at the bottom we can buy individually. But what i really would like to have is the digital copies. I know it says we cant get the CD without the "Premium" package, but has anyone been able to get around this? Is negotiating possible at all?

Thanks!

I was married on Royal Caribbean but the photo packages are about the same... I didn't really try to get the CD as it didn't seem like they would budge much. But, they did throw in some freebies so I am not sure if they would have let me get a CD. Anyway what I did (and it turned out very well) I had all the pictures on the contact sheets (so we could pick what we wanted) when we were at one of the ports I went to a cyber cafe type place and scanned all the contact sheets and e-mailed them to myself. Was like a 5 dollar charge and I was able to blow up the pictures to 8x10s with ease without being pixelated and printed them at WalMart.

Worse they can do is say no to the CD. I wouldn't ask until you have a relationship with the photographer, they tend to bend corners when they like you.

Best of luck to you

I was married on Royal Caribbean but the photo packages are about the same... I didn't really try to get the CD as it didn't seem like they would budge much. But, they did throw in some freebies so I am not sure if they would have let me get a CD. Anyway what I did (and it turned out very well) I had all the pictures on the contact sheets (so we could pick what we wanted) when we were at one of the ports I went to a cyber cafe type place and scanned all the contact sheets and e-mailed them to myself. Was like a 5 dollar charge and I was able to blow up the pictures to 8x10s with ease without being pixelated and printed them at WalMart.

Worse they can do is say no to the CD. I wouldn't ask until you have a relationship with the photographer, they tend to bend corners when they like you.

Best of luck to you

That is brilliant! I have never been to a cyber cafe, did you have to bring your own laptop? I assume they had the scanner. I wonder if St. Thomas or St Martin has a cyber cafe.

I did it in St Thomas, the place had the computers and the scanner, it wasn't really a cafe' but that is what I had asked for and the place they sent me was perfect.. trying to remember where it was but all I remember is it was near Royal Dane Mall Shopping Center.

Archived