Passion Island or Nachi Cocom?

prepare4it

We have done both. Passion Island was Mar 2007 and Nachi Cocum was Nov 2007. The food was good at both places. They a few organzied activities on the beach at Passion Island (this was a ship's tour for us). Nachi Cocum was not a ship's tour, we booked it privately, took a taxi there and back. The water at Passion Island (when we were there) was very murky, the water at Nachi Cocum was clear. We are going back to Cozumel in Dec on the Maasdam and are planning to return to Nachi Cocum. When we were at Nachi Cocum in 2007 there was a jet ski rental there so we rented two. We were a party of 12 (6 adults and 6 children), we had a fantastic time!

Hope this helps. Enjoy!

We have done both. Passion Island was Mar 2007 and Nachi Cocum was Nov 2007. The food was good at both places. They a few organzied activities on the beach at Passion Island (this was a ship's tour for us). Nachi Cocum was not a ship's tour, we booked it privately, took a taxi there and back. The water at Passion Island (when we were there) was very murky, the water at Nachi Cocum was clear. We are going back to Cozumel in Dec on the Maasdam and are planning to return to Nachi Cocum. When we were at Nachi Cocum in 2007 there was a jet ski rental there so we rented two. We were a party of 12 (6 adults and 6 children), we had a fantastic time!

Hope this helps. Enjoy!

I just saw some pictures of Passion Island and the water was a beautiful aqua color and then I saw a picture of a beach near Nachi and the water was murky - so I guess it depends on the day?

Alot of factors can influence the clearness of the water, weather, time of year, recent storms, etc. Heck even if it's overcast the water will be a different color than if the sun were shining. We love Nachi and I just wanted to recommend it :) Went in June 09 and going again this December. Never been to the other but I'm sure which ever you chose, you will have a great time!:D Food and drinks are great at Nachi and they only accept 100 guests per day so it helps keep the crowds down.

Archived