Special Outfits Needed for Golden Princess

KelleKae

We are booked aboard the 2/27 sailing of the Golden Princess. Will we need any "special" attire for theme nights? On past cruise ships we have taken there have been western nights, disco nights, etc. and we never had anything fun to wear but alot of people did! I was just curious if anyone knew we needed anything! Thanks!

We've been on the Golden twice and never took anything special to wear.

We did notice on Caribbean night a lot of men wore the Hawaiian-type shirts and the women wore colorful outfits as well. After dinner we did see some people dressed in theme clothes that were probably headed for a lounge that was having a theme party. You don't need anything special, but if you want to, by all means go ahead! Have fun!!

Before my first cruise, I wondered if there was any special outfits needed. So I called Carnival and was told no. And since then, we haven't needed any special clothes aside from formal (I tend to take more cocktaily types of outfits to make it easier, packing wise). Be sure to check the weather -- eg. weather.com and the princess.com info -- and check cruisecritic boards, of course, for your destinations. Caribbean and Miami will tend to be warmer but if you cruise elsewhere, check out those temps (for example, people tend to think we're always warm and sunshiny here in LA but it's been pouring and in the 50s and we were told Seattle was having a warm summer last year but when we were there it was much cooler and rainy).

Archived