Seasick on the Dream? Alaska Shore Excursions?

hcf

Has anyone gone from Seattle to Sitka on the west side of the islands on the Dream and gotten seasick? After reading about the rocking on the Dream, it is worrisome. I will be going on the 10-day Alaska cruise on May 30.

Also, the Alaska shore excursions seem extremely expensive. Does anyone have suggestions for booking one's own and saving some $$?

Thanks for any info you can give me.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone gone from Seattle to Sitka on the west side of the islands on the Dream and gotten seasick? After reading about the rocking on the Dream, it is worrisome. I will be going on the 10-day Alaska cruise on May 30.

Also, the Alaska shore excursions seem extremely expensive. Does anyone have suggestions for booking one's own and saving some $$?

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Hi, I too am sailing on the Dream on May 30th, this is the first year NCL has sent the Dream to Alaska. I too have been concerned about the motion issue, but have a prescription patch from the Dr so I will be fine. Since it is an older ship I think that has something to do with it. But if you are prone to seasickness then you will have to prepare. As far as shore excursions go, I bought a book called Frommers Alaska Cruise and Ports of Call 2005, it has been very helpful. We have been looking at the excursions and find them expensive as well. We may take one during the time we are in Whittier as there is nothing to do there on your own and we will be there somewhere around 8 hrs, but the other ports we will strike out on our own.

Hope this helps, enjoy your trip

Archived